Defender Source Forum banner
241 - 260 of 260 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,049 Posts
Yes there is a nice big box at the shop.
Next week will see it installed. (and the leaky rear axle fixed) (and a couple of other things to).

·
Premium Member
701 Posts
Anyone have detailed installation instructions for this?

Most importantly do holes need to be drilled in the rear crossmember for the latch?

·
Premium Member
3,367 Posts
Anyone have detailed installation instructions for this? Most importantly do holes need to be drilled in the rear crossmember for the latch?
no and yes

·
Premium Member
3,860 Posts
Brewie can you do a swing away version w/o a separate latch?
I'll call you when I get back from Indy next week.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Interested if these are still in production?

·
Premium Member
3,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #254 ·
carrier

Brewie can you do a swing away version w/o a separate latch?
I'll call you when I get back from Indy next week.

Robert,
With any of the swing away's you that you don't secure you get rattle. This was one of the reasons for the original design with the clamp.

Initially the first round of these were made with a adjustable dog bone that would affix to the rear door and move the rack much like a stock carrier and clamp at the cross member.

In the end it only adds to the cost of production and when you are wheeling or normal driving...rattle. I think SG swingaways had the same problem.

just my 2 cents

·
Registered
842 Posts
pulling this back out from the archives, looking for some help. purchased one of these from another member and need to recreate all brackets. Anyone have any good pics or better yet a set of brackets that can be measure for re-creation? I'd like to copy the original design if possible. TIA.

·
Premium Member
1,737 Posts
pulling this back out from the archives, looking for some help. purchased one of these from another member and need to recreate all brackets. Anyone have any good pics or better yet a set of brackets that can be measure for re-creation? I'd like to copy the original design if possible. TIA.

View attachment 458485
Yep, I have a whole carrier that has been in the box for a few years, not installed yet. I can take pics for you if you want. Might take me a bit cause I'm busy.

Reactions: WK2Burner

·
Registered
842 Posts
Bump. Still looking for parts for this carrier. Have some good shots from member but would prefer the original stuff before something is made. Need both upper and lower brackets, and clamp/hasp setup for crossmember. Thanks.

241 - 260 of 260 Posts