Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody live near or in Vienna Virginia that has been to and got a Pasty from there?

·
Mendicant
7,921 Posts
Yeah, just got some yesterday, but they were frozen and I’ve not had a chance to bake them up yet. Funny how they’re local but I found out about them from the BBC. Even worse, they’re next to a bike shop I go to and I never noticed.

Grandpa was from Cornwall, so I grew up on pasties. I’m always on the lookout for good ones.

·
Mendicant
7,921 Posts
my son and I had the traditional pasty for dinner tonight - I think the Cornish pasty enthusiast will be well pleased. I baked ours from frozen according to the directions for about 40 minutes. The crust was light and crispy and the beef/onion/carrot filling was hot and savory. My only quibble is that I typically prefer cubes of steak in my pasties, and these have a ground beef in them. That aside, the flavor was great and the texture of the beef was good - I’ve had some pasties in the past (see what I did there) that had a more coarse grind of beef and they were disgusting. These are great, I’ll have more of them for sure.

There are different flavors on offer as well, I’ll try them eventually. Given the same level of quality of these, I anticipate those will be great as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts