Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Hopefully someone has some experience with this set up

I purchased a Terrrafirma Swig out Spare Wheel carrier ... 2 basic parts, one bolts to the body, and on bolts to the door ... here is the question, Is the part that bolts to the back door suppose to have a piston that slides in/out to accommodate the movement difference between the door mounted hardware and the body mounted hardware when the door is opened / closed? My stuff doesn't seem to move ( and the vendor doesn't know how its suppose to work ) ... the install instructions are limited as best .

a video of yours working would be wonders for my frustration level

Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,219 Posts
20-sept-2011 039.JPG

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So ... the piston inside the door mounted hardware is suppose to move in/out with the opening and closing of the door ? ..... that would make sense. for some reason mine will not budge.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not sure... even out of the box the "piston" didn't slide in the tube .... I originally thought there might be a spring inside ... but can't see ... I'm going to mess around with it later today... if i figure something out I will update ...

now that it appears it should move, i will work at getting it moving ... we shall see

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well if figured it out .... I had to use a press to get the "piston" out .... there was a seam in the tube that was sitting proud and had the nylon bushing jammed in place. some work with the rotary sander and its now working

All done now

1 - 6 of 6 Posts