Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my bonnet parts in a box after being stripped for paint when someone cut the lock to my garage cubby and stole them, they also took my only box of Christmas decorations. There is no way they knew what they were as I don't park my rover there. :confused I bet they just threw them away... :mad

There are probably a few more things that they took, but I need these to attach my bonnet so I can tow it into town to get fixed. I found them online but they are seriously expensive, so I'm hoping one of you guys has some lying about. I'll pay shipping and whatever you want for them.

X2 RNE272 XMOD/series bonnet hook
X2 RNB668 XMOD/series bonnet fastener loop
X1 RNC813 defender bonnet hinge (they left me one)

·
Registered
5,981 Posts
Sorry to hear that! Here's the translation....

RNE272 - MRC5314
RNB668 - 300693
RNC813 - AHU710010

Good luck!

·
Premium Member
4,887 Posts
Have you tried driving around the alleys and vacant lots around where you live?

Doubt the thieves waited until they got home to look at the contents of the box and I doubt they held onto them very long after finding it was full of rusty junk.

I and others have found a number of stolen items that way.

I had my bonnet parts in a box after being stripped for paint when someone cut the lock to my garage cubby and stole them, they also took my only box of Christmas decorations. There is no way they knew what they were as I don't park my rover there. :confused I bet they just threw them away... :mad

There are probably a few more things that they took, but I need these to attach my bonnet so I can tow it into town to get fixed. I found them online but they are seriously expensive, so I'm hoping one of you guys has some lying about. I'll pay shipping and whatever you want for them.

X2 RNE272 XMOD/series bonnet hook
X2 RNB668 XMOD/series bonnet fastener loop
X1 RNC813 defender bonnet hinge (they left me one)

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry to hear that! Here's the translation....

RNE272 - MRC5314
RNB668 - 300693
RNC813 - AHU710010

Good luck!
Thanks for that.

Have you tried driving around the alleys and vacant lots around where you live?
My wife uses the garage and isn't very observant. there's no telling how long it has been like this. My guess is months.

·
Premium Member
2,130 Posts
I think I hate thieves more than liars or anything else. (Except killers and rapist.)

Twenty-eight years in Louisiana, two in Puerto Rico, and three years in Manila (commuting back and forth). Never victimized once.

Twenty years in Texas, I've been burglarized at least four times. Tools, bicycles, jewelry, entertainment centers.

Hope you can get your stuff back.

·
Premium Member
10,771 Posts
My wife left her briefcase that looks like it could carry a laptop in her front passenger footwell and parked in a questionable area of Boston. Of course a low life smashed the passenger window (very had to do as it was laminated) took the case.
Following day she got a call from someone a shot distance away from where she was parked. Case dumped in their basement area. A business card got the case back to her.

So go take a look in the area!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I took my dog for a long walk around the area with no luck. If anyone has any of these parts I would love to take them off of your hands.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts