Defender Source Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Have you tried Folex upholstery cleaner? Seem so get a lot of stuff out. Option B would be to find someone with an upholstery extractor. Just had the headliner on my 4Runner done and it looks great.

·
Premium Member
1,485 Posts
I have Genuine headliner material available, complete for 90 or 110. Individual panels are available as well for either of your 3 roof panels, or the rear finisher above the tail door.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I work at an auto dealership and we use crazy clean (made by sprayway). The name makes it sound silly but it's a serious cleaner. I've gotten plenty of grease and water stains off of headliners with this by spraying this on a cloth then blotting and rubbing it on the headliners. Ace hardware carries it in my area.

·
Registered
‘91 110
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Have you tried Folex upholstery cleaner? Seem so get a lot of stuff out. Option B would be to find someone with an upholstery extractor. Just had the headliner on my 4Runner done and it looks great.
Thank you will try it out!
I work at an auto dealership and we use crazy clean (made by sprayway). The name makes it sound silly but it's a serious cleaner. I've gotten plenty of grease and water stains off of headliners with this by spraying this on a cloth then blotting and rubbing it on the headliners. Ace hardware carries it in my area.

·
Registered
‘91 110
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
After you have tried the above and have a compressor, pick up any air powered cleaning gun on Amazon - about $50.

I continue to be amazed by that little tool - it saved me from replacing several headliners and, it works on fabric upholstery and many other items that need cleaning. I believe you will be impressed and, most professional detailers use it as their go to cleaner (that is how I learned about it).

·
Registered
‘91 110
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
After you have tried the above and have a compressor, pick up any air powered cleaning gun on Amazon - about $50.

I continue to be amazed by that little tool - it saved me from replacing several headliners and, it works on fabric upholstery and many other items that need cleaning. I believe you will be impressed and, most professional detailers use it as their go to cleaner (that is how I learned about it).
Thank you. Does a cleaner or anything go into it?

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
Yes or no - your choice. I had a rust-stained headliner from a leaking skylight which I did not consider salvageable ==so, I used one of these (with water only-no cleaner)) for the first time and the rust stains came right out.

Check out some YouTube videos to get an idea of what type stains might require something, like a few drops of Dawn, be added.

·
Registered
‘91 110
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you so much for this recommendation. It was the first thing that I tried and I don’t have to use anything else. It worked a miracle

1 - 10 of 10 Posts