Defender Source Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have any of yall seen a SW with the ST doors? would this be totally undoable, was working on a spreadsheet and the idea hit me I like the way the ST windows open and I like the door handles better than on the SW. maybe some series III doors?

·
Premium Member
4,135 Posts
I have seen ST owners owners put SW doors on. Thats something I would like to do to our ST. The other way around, you basicly would be like a POE.

·
Premium Member
7,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was just wondering how tight the fit would be. yeah I didnt even think about the POE.. Did the POE have the same cage as an ST or was it like the SW roll cage?

·
Premium Member
3,158 Posts
Phillip.

I want to do the exact opposite as you, I would like to add SW doors to my ST.

If you decide to put ST doors on your SW let me know and maybe we can swap, that way we would not have to spend much money and we would both get what we want
:grin

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
phillip-
yes, they are interchangeable. .... &, you're right on about the series doors. they're cheaper & a bit easier to find. you won't have the plastic interior like the 90s, but they'll work...
t

·
Premium Member
7,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah I thought it would work. I was just wondering if it would work I am not sure if I will do it or not just a thought? I like the handles on the ST better, hell I just like that door better than the SW. I may do it one day when who knows.

·
Premium Member
245 Posts
Phillip,
The POE has the same external part of the cage as the ST but no internal hoop. As for the fit of the side curtains to a HT... they fit great for a Rover... they whistle and leak... what did you expect ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts