Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m trying to figure out what the correct replacement parts for the leaf springs and front drive shaft. It’s a 1988 Santana 110 2500.

I haven’t found any sources for parabolic leaf springs if there are any? If not, what’s the alternative? Series III 109 leafs?

Also trying to figure out the front drive shaft. It’s considerably longer than the typical front drive shaft and actually nearly as long as a D1 or RRC rear drive shaft.

any info or part numbers would be much appreciated!

·
Premium Member
6,164 Posts
The good news is that any reputable drive shaft shop can make you a brand new one from parts on the shelf. it will probably be cheaper and better quality than anything you would buy that was made for a Santana. I think anywhere from $300 to $600 depending on where you live

·
Registered
423 Posts
Also, I see you are in St. Louis. I’m in St. Louis as well, but my Santana is at our cabin in NM. Since you are in St. Louis, have you considered taking the springs to St. Louis Spring to see if they can make them? Everytime we break a spring In one of the fire trucks they get them replaced in short order.

·
Premium Member
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The good news is that any reputable drive shaft shop can make you a brand new one from parts on the shelf. it will probably be cheaper and better quality than anything you would buy that was made for a Santana. I think anywhere from $300 to $600 depending on where you live
Agree. We were gonna order a Tom Woods if we couldn’t find a stock replacement.

·
Premium Member
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Also, I see you are in St. Louis. I’m in St. Louis as well, but my Santana is at our cabin in NM. Since you are in St. Louis, have you considered taking the springs to St. Louis Spring to see if they can make them? Everytime we break a spring In one of the fire trucks they get them replaced in short order.
Good suggestion, I hadn’t heard of them before. Definitely worth checking out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts