Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking to replace front doors on 92 ROW D90 and wondering if anyone has swapped out for the SP series conversion kit?

·
Premium Member
4,309 Posts
yea they will work, i have the two piece doors and used SP to replace mine. That being said the roll down windows on the pushbutton doors give you so much more air

overall most would view it as a major downgrade, i think the one piece doors fit better too, less moving parts

·
Super Moderator
12,055 Posts
I would personally spend a bit more and get galvanized door bottoms especially if you want them for the long term.

As above roll down windows are nicer unless you plan to leave the tops off most of the time.

·
Premium Member
2,080 Posts
looking to replace front doors on 92 ROW D90 and wondering if anyone has swapped out for the SP series conversion kit?
Please add your location to your profile. I presume you’re in the USA- if so, FYI SP-4x4 will not warranty their stuff for overseas travel, and I (& others here) have had stuff arrive that’s damaged in shipping.

·
Premium Member
1,483 Posts
Please add your location to your profile. I presume you’re in the USA- if so, FYI SP-4x4 will not warranty their stuff for overseas travel, and I (& others here) have had stuff arrive that’s damaged in shipping.
Yep I’ve had one order be ok and one order not.

·
Premium Member
1,529 Posts
I would personally spend a bit more and get galvanized door bottoms especially if you want them for the long term.

As above roll down windows are nicer unless you plan to leave the tops off most of the time.
Exmoor don’t make the nice roll down material door tops any more, was wanting a set for summer wheel’in once my trucks back on the road. Might be a nice winter project to make some.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes sir, Arizona. That is very good to know... Thank you.

·
Super Moderator
12,055 Posts
$750 for the whole kit feels like a too good to be any good story. The bottoms are readily available but the tops I would spend the $ on to get good working units that will last and not drive you nuts.
??? They are brand new series style door tops in the kits. They are made by SP4x4.

https://www.sp-4x4.com/category_s/119.htm

·
Premium Member
13,380 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,469 Posts
$750 for the whole kit feels like a too good to be any good story. The bottoms are readily available but the tops I would spend the $ on to get good working units that will last and not drive you nuts.
??? They are brand new series style door tops in the kits. They are made by SP4x4.

https://www.sp-4x4.com/category_s/119.htm
Yep, but a new item purchased over the internet from the UK doesn’t mean a thing to me anymore. I edited my original post to be more polite given I don’t know SP and shouldn’t pass judgment.

·
Super Moderator
12,055 Posts

·
Premium Member
676 Posts
I'd like to order from them,
Others tho have commented about the shipping damage keeps me from doing it,
Not sure yet,
Bad news travels far and fast,not like good news

·
Super Moderator
12,055 Posts
It would be a very strange thing to put in the description as that would mean the manufacturer sells directly and that they are making fraudulent claim. I can't find any manufacturer selling these tops directly.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts