Defender Source Forum banner

SP-4x4.com… anybody have feedback on this site for orders shipped to United States?

831 Views 20 Replies 18 Participants Last post by  cdonovin
Looking at some replacement doors and other parts. I can be patient with ship times. Just curious if folks have had good or bad experiences.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
I ordered some parts from them, good parts with no issues.
Same as above. Could also check out British Defenders in FL. They probably have the doors stateside..
Reactions: 1
Also had great experience. The one thing I'd suggest is to pay extra for them to crate the doors. The crate is very sturdy and everything arrived in perfect condition.
I think I remember that they dint cover any damage on overseas orders but could be wrong
Your right, they don't. That's why I suggested having them crated.
A bunch of threads on here about SP going back a decade or more.
Recently (last month) bought all 5 fully built out all steel doors for a customer build. Doors arrived crated in wood with no damage.
Same as above. Could also check out British Defenders in FL. They probably have the doors stateside..
We have all doors instock, standard, galv framed & puma. Also fully built up options too (2-3 week lead time on them), Pm if interested. Supertreeman thanks for the nudge
Reactions: 3
My first SP order came with doors flat packed, glass and other parts stacked on top. Shipping and emotional damage. They have gotten better at shipping.

+1 for Cris at British Defenders. Has a lot of stock, ships out of FL, responsive to comms.

Note: some SP full door kits have aftermarket parts that just don’t fit right. The plastic door channels that hold the window channels did not want to fit. Ordered factory corner pieces from RN and they went together fine.

Test fit outer door handles before paint... or file out openings to fit after paint like I had to!

I also try to reuse factory door latch. Aftermarket are not same quality.
Reactions: 3
We have doors in stock at UKARAUTO. Different styles available including half doors as well.
Let me know what you're looking for and I'll be happy to price them for you.
Depending on where you are, you can also pick up from our warehouse in Alexandria, VA
I purchased a Roof rack from them, imported it attached to a vehicle, it rusted and flaked with 3 months. They refused to compensate me unless I returned the rack :mad:
I've never had much luck with SP in the past, packaging was always poor & they never shipped the correct parts I ordered. (Note this was a few years ago) & their customer service sucks.

Another +1 for Chris at British Defenders. I purchased a galv chassis, bulkhead & doors from them, the service & products were great.
I bought my OEM upper dash pad from them new and it shipped in its original box. No Issues

Ben
I bought two footwells and two door frame cross members a couple of months ago. It took them 10 days to source those parts to Liverpool and then less than a week to get them to Colorado. Small tears in the box and slightly bent crossmembers but nothing major. They were quick to respond when I emailed them on the sourcing delay and they hit their revised delivery date.
Ordered several pairs of series doors..

product quality is generally great…
Shipping was fast
Packing was poor
Emails were ignored

needed 20 min with a body hammer and block of wood…
Just got rear puma era doors from Cris at British Defenders as well. Arrived safe in the crate and prices were better than SP. 100% recommended.
Just got rear puma era doors from Cris at British Defenders as well. Arrived safe in the crate and prices were better than SP. 100% recommended.
I ordered a pair of doors from SP4x4 2 days ago, I just now check the prices of British Defenders and the prices are not better. I am not sure what you are talking about. I ordered a pair of Series style lower door halves for $130 GBP each which is about $170 each. British Defenders only have the push button shells for $600 each the same doors at Sp are 315 GBP or $388 USD so not quite the same.
Ordered a set of 5 puma doors. Had to replace 3 of the 5 door latches so far. Otherwise no complaints
All good except the door latches. All were bad. Doors are amazing and solid. Galvanized fully built with power door locks and windows.
I have one more video but I wasn't very nice regarding the cheap latches. so I will leave that one out.
I ordered a pair of doors from SP4x4 2 days ago, I just now check the prices of British Defenders and the prices are not better. I am not sure what you are talking about. I ordered a pair of Series style lower door halves for $130 GBP each which is about $170 each. British Defenders only have the push button shells for $600 each the same doors at Sp are 315 GBP or $388 USD so not quite the same.
Whoa, no need to justify. I bought plenty from SP, and happy with all of it. My freight from SP was 580gbp alone for 2 second row doors. My cost of shells with genuine latches/winders was a few hundred less and freight from Florida to PA was less then half that from SP. No duties as well.

Ymmv, but all I'm saying is worth a chat with Cris.

See less See more
Reactions: 2
1 - 20 of 21 Posts