Defender Source Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1996 110 300tdi
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had any luck sourcing NATO Green here in the U.S.? The code is bs381c 285 nato green. I've found a ton of suppliers in the U.K., but not one that will ship it.
I miss judged the height of a stump and took about a five inch scrap of paint off my door sill chequer plate. It's not a huge deal, but I'd like to touch it up. Actually I'd like a gallon. I have something else to paint as well.

·
Premium Member
357 Posts
I haven't yet but need to revisit this. Here's past links on the NATO codes etc for the heck of it..curious as to what you or others find.

RAL, NCS, and BS colour guides, cards, charts, fan decks, and swatches

·
Registered
1996 110 300tdi
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Kevin. I'll try to see if my local O'Reillys can have it mixed using Sherwin Williams. It's a long shot. I also have an email out to an international paint company that supposedly ships worldwide. It's crazy that as many European military vehicles that are imported here, nobody has standard NATO green, or at least can mix it.

·
Premium Member
804 Posts
I spent countless hours getting that color matched and was lucky to have a very patient paint guy working with me. What I ended up was pretty much a dead on match... (for my truck). I will tell you the paint and hardener were not cheap, my paint guy was kind enough to hook me up using a commercial clients account for a 50% discount. I think the retail price for a quart with hardener (which only comes in a size for use with a gallon of paint) is about $500.
The sherwin williams Genesis paint is great, sprayed out beautifully and cured smooth (no orange peel).
If you have a local paint shop, you should see what they can do to get you something mixed up.
Feel free to DM me if you have questions

1 - 4 of 4 Posts