1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's white
No rust (fully documented)
LT230 conversion

I think most of you know the truck... Let's say $20K or near offer. :)

ForumRunner_20150806_223559.png

ForumRunner_20150806_223620.png

ForumRunner_20150806_224059.png

No, I will not take 12, thanks.

·
Premium Member
5,108 Posts
I wondered when the time would come...glws

·
Premium Member
251 Posts
Curious about the miles.

GLWS.

·
Premium Member
574 Posts
oh man...I followed your build thread and I feared the day you would put this up for sale. hmmmm....

·
Registered
469 Posts
I was with Joel at the bottom of Manaslu in this truck. Or was it Cho Oyu? They all blend together now but either way, we were at the base of something, looking directly to the top. Joel looked deep into the window of my soul and said: "Hold my Cheerwine, and don't spill that ****. These seat covers are expensive and that stuff is redder than the devils piss" He then went on to drive with such intense vigor and yet with the ease similar to the feeling of the last day of school as we made our flawless ascent to it's summit. Not even one wheel spin. It was breathtaking.

So yes, I too can attest to this truck.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I dont fear it; I welcome it!

It will help drag the RRC values UP! ^ ^ ^

I 100% agree with this statement...in fact, I've been thinking about the economics of Rover selling since I have mine for sell now. I'm no economist, though I do know my way around endogenous and exogenous variables a little...IF we as Rover owners refused to sell our limited supply trucks, the market has to respond eventually at higher prices.

So in short, anyone selling a RRC, set your reserve bottom line at no less than $15k and spread the word to all Classic owners (that's the only way it will work ;)

·
Premium Member
3,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I 100% agree with this statement...in fact, I've been thinking about the economics of Rover selling since I have mine for sell now. I'm no economist, though I do know my way around endogenous and exogenous variables a little...IF we as Rover owners refused to sell our limited supply trucks, the market has to respond eventually at higher prices.

So in short, anyone selling a RRC, set your reserve bottom line at no less than $15k and spread the word to all Classic owners (that's the only way it will work ;)
This one here, already at $15K, no proof at all that it isn't a Flintstone Flyer.

ForumRunner_20150809_011728.png

You don't have to do anything, they are worth the money, without question. (Assuming it's nice)

ForumRunner_20150809_011941.png

Mine isn't "perfect" but for surviving two decades it is a real stunner. A man in SA tried to tell me the mileage bothered him. Mileage isn't what kills a well maintained Rover (as if 8,000 miles a year is a lot anyhow) but rust does. I do think closer to 200K the transmissions get questionable, but this transmission has 80K.

I hate the saying, but this is one situation where if I don't get what makes me happy for the truck, I most likely will just hang onto it. Can you imagine what it will be worth in another ten years?

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Certainly true @crown14

GLWS beautiful truck!! Always loved the alpine white. Classy on a classic.

·
Premium Member
7,824 Posts
What's the overall mileage? Verh few non Fred flintstone trucks these days

·
Premium Member
251 Posts
What's the overall mileage? Verh few non Fred flintstone trucks these days
I don't understand the Fred Flinstone reference. Can someone educate me?

Does that just mean the engine is replaced?

·
Premium Member
7,824 Posts
Ding ding, the LWB is fred flintstone, iI won't let my dog ride in the back for fear he will fall through the rear load space floor

1 - 20 of 39 Posts