Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone recommend a vendor that can handle soft top/canvas repairs? I'm in need of a stitching job for my soft top that I would rather leave to an expert. I'm in the DC Metro area. I've tried a local sail shop, but they are unresponsive.

Thanks! Feel free to message me if you do not want to recommend publicly.

·
Premium Member
1,448 Posts
If all else fails...there is a guy in Orange that does a great job....

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks to all and especially to Robbie. Seatco in Springfield worked out great. Had it back and repaired in about a day. Neal is the guy there.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Hey Jon, do you think Seatco could handle installing side windows in a soft top? And as i've never had that done before, do you think they'd be the folks to source them or should i provide them the materials?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey Dan,

From what I could see, they are a full-service shop including tops and interiors. There were quite a few convertible classics outside the shop and another customer had all brand new interiors put in their Range Rover.

Your best bet would be to just swing by the shop or call them to discuss. I can't really speak to all of their capabilities. The shop was easy to get to, right of Edsall Road in the Industrial Park near Backlick.

·
Premium Member
5,177 Posts
Seatco is fantastic. They do all of the upholstery work for the local Bentley dealer and built (from scratch) the convertible top and did the leather work in my father's car that wound up going to Pebble Beach. So they're pretty good . . .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts