Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

since a few days, suddenly, my Td5 has lost its power when accelerating. The Nanocom analysis brought the following results. B
FAULT 09-05 turbocharger wastegate open load (current)
FAULT 09-06 EGR inlett throttle open load (current)
FAULT 13-05 turbocharger wastegate short circuit (intermit.)
FAULT 13-06 EGR inlet trottle short circuit (intermit.)

Besides the power loss, everything works smooth. No smoke, no alarm lamps in the cockpit, etc.

What is the problem here? Has anyone a hint what needs to be done?

Thanks
Achill

·
Premium Member
10,773 Posts
Biggest problem we're going to have here is that this is mostly a North American forum with very little Td5 experience.

·
Premium Member
13,802 Posts
Speak for yourself Chris.

Looks like you have an early one, with that many faults have you checked your engine loom for oil ingress, it was an issue for the first couple years of production ? Many of the early trucks had oil work its way all the way back to the ecu and short things out. Also if the egr vave sticks open you loose all power. I'd start there.

Td5's are known for eating turbo's do you have any way of measuring how much boost you are making ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks.

I had the oil problem a few years ago. The engine went into 'emergency mode' with a speed max at about 60mi/h. It feels very different this time.

Think the EGR is making problems. I read that the engine can also run without it. Could I just remove it with an EGR blanking kit?

Thanks

·
Registered
481 Posts
Thanks. I had the oil problem a few years ago. The engine went into 'emergency mode' with a speed max at about 60mi/h. It feels very different this time. Think the EGR is making problems. I read that the engine can also run without it. Could I just remove it with an EGR blanking kit? Thanks
Yes remove egr and just use a kit to cover it. Will throw a code on the nano but won't effect its operation. That's a cheap place to start and see if that clears up your issue.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts