Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...All of the catalogs I get based on "Adventure Style" from people who have supposedly quit their "amazing" corporate jobs and invested their life savings in lifestyle catalog companies. Really, you can see an asshole who bought all of his style a mile away, around a corner or two!

I literally almost puked up my Monday Happy Hour over a new catalog of over priced American "Legend" ****, most of which isn't even made here in the good old USA. I am not going to name names, and I hope no one else feels the need to name names either, as it might give unwarranted credibility.

I imagine some of you will get the same catalog over the next few days and will have opinions. I do with them luck, and I am sure there a lot of suckers out there who will buy there stuff, but I would wager the venture fans within 18 months.

Any takers?

·
Premium Member
6,561 Posts
I don't know what the gripe is. I really enjoyed the JBriggs 2D PNW Adventure Fashion catalog i got in the mail last month.

·
Premium Member
8,962 Posts
I don't know what the gripe is. I really enjoyed the JBriggs 2D PNW Adventure Fashion catalog i got in the mail last month.
Wait, where the hell is JSB3? Isn't it in hiding somewhere in NYC?

Those were the good 'ol days! The time we met at Expo East. Or the time I let him drive my truck to NoVa HH...but he drank too much so I had to drive home. And the time he took my son to Cars & Coffee....then his Metro-friends came for a visit, and he hopped in the back of their truck never to be seen again....

Attachments

·
Premium Member
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Name names.
I threw the catalog out already, but it had something to do with the Icon guy. Huckleberry, maybe??? Dumb ass name, as it is not memorable at all -- and I only had one drink...

If you get the Best Made or the Guideboat catalog, you will get this one. There is a bunch of them now. I hope I didn't get the Snosberry catalog because I received the Rovers North Parts Guide in the mail....

·
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes
16,553 Posts
...All of the catalogs I get based on "Adventure Style" from people who have supposedly quit their "amazing" corporate jobs and invested their life savings in lifestyle catalog companies. Really, you can see an asshole who bought all of his style a mile away, around a corner or two!

I imagine some of you will get the same catalog over the next few days and will have opinions. I do with them luck, and I am sure there a lot of suckers out there who will buy there stuff, but I would wager the venture fans within 18 months.
Which type of "adventure style" are we talking about here?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,129 Posts
Which type of "adventure style" are we talking about here?
Josh ... you are looking trimmer than when i last saw you ... good for you! married life appears to be working out well!

·
Premium Member
6,129 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,821 Posts
I mean Josh wears J.Crew button down shirts when he off roads and he has been through some crazy ****.

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
I'll take that bet. Huckberry is on track to do $100 million in revenue and they carry ZERO inventory. Their business model limits the risk of carrying inventory.

First, they partner with a brand. They then feature the brand on their website, email newsletter and social channels for about a week. They have a tremendous following. During that week, Huckberry customers place orders on the Huckberry site for the featured brand's products.

When the week is over, Huckberry gathers all the orders and submits a purchase order to the brand. The brand sends Huckberry the purchased goods and Huckberry then fulfills to its customers. Customers wait a bit longer to receive the goods because they have to wait for the week to be over. Judging from their monster numbers and following, customers are willing to make that sacrifice.

Incidentally, most of the brands they feature are smaller brands that typically manufacture in the US.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts