Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just started to get this terrible shaking after I shift into 3 and 4th gear and you can really feel it on the floor boards and the steering wheel. I have a NAS 110 and initially I thought the tranny or t-case was tired and going because I still have the Lt77 in it. I checked the fluids and good. Diffs and ignitions wires good. Engine oil good. I use only Amsoil. So I think I narrowed it down to misfire, bad rotor or cap or bad bushings. I don't know how to check the rotor or cap but they look pretty new as do the wires. The radius arms bushings on the other hand look compressed and worn out. Let me know what you think of the bushings and your thoughts of what else it may be or that Should check. Tires and balance are good.
Thanks,
Ed

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
12,993 Posts
Those bushings look fine. I would look at u-joints first.

Reactions: emah

·
Premium Member
10,768 Posts
Agree U joints and also check to make sure your propshafts haven't lost any nuts. Had a similar experience to yours traced to loose nuts.

·
Premium Member
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good pt guys. I did grease up the shafts and ujoint but didn't check on the wear. Yesterday I did notice that when cruising at 50-65 mph that if I let off on the gas and back on the gas again there was a damp thump sound. Ill go check the u=joints now.

------ Follow up post added August 29th, 2015 07:01 PM ------

John and Chris,
The joints look good and tight...no slop. All nuts and bolts there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts