Defender Source Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't have the time to work on this anymore and it would make the wife quite happy to have the space back.

1972 NAS spec SIII 88, faded/patina'd/beat up poppy red. Defender 200Tdi engine installed but needs head put back on. P38 power steering mostly installed (Defender column in and steering box brakcet welded on frame). Rare 4 cylinder LT85 gearbox and part time LT230 from a Santana. Has nearly all parts to finish and make a nicer driver/off roader.

Body is not nice but it's all there. Great character. Frame is okay, needs a little work here and there. Bulkhead needs new footwells.

Comes with lots of new parts... brake lines, Tdi radiator, 2nd edition aluminum long range fuel tank. Hoopset and tailgate for soft top. 5 new 700-15 bias ply vintage looking tires. Etc etc etc

Will entertain reasonable offers around $4500ish. A 200Tdi is worth a couple grand on its own. Plus the base vehicle plus new parts. I have about $7k invested maybe more (stopped counting at 7).

Potentially interested in trading for a sailboat with trailer around 20'

Located near Framingham MA. Bring a trailer.

·
Premium Member
348 Posts
Can you post some photos please?
And what is the status of the 200tdi? Going through your threads, I noticed it had some isues, but I couldn't find a final update.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys

The 200Tdi checked out okay after removing the head and cleaning everything out. I was budgeting for a proper rebuild down the road (winter lay up) after getting it up and running. Have a new OEM head gasket and new timing set ready to put the whole thing back together. However to be clear I have not personally heard it run and have not verified compression myself.

Will take and send photos this evening

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.