Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Front and rear out of a 109 Canadian military truck (lhd). No idea about condition. Only rolled in and out of my garage. Front cv boots are shot.

Includes from the pinion flange to the hubs and leaf springs Drag links and everything.

Let's do $400 for the set and $50 if you want the driveshafts.

Located in 07701. Will not ship.

Note rear is still under the tub but can have it out by next weekend.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
EDIT: thats weird, it wont display the quote. "Front cv boots are shot." What do you mean by this? Also, are there locking hubs on the font, and if so, what kind? -Jeff
See this pic

There are like rubber boots/sleeve where the cv is just outside the end of the axle tube and they are deteriorated.

Yes it has locking hubs in front. No idea what kind. If you have something you want me to take a pic of or look for just lmk

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ill pass. Those are AVM hubs. Looks like the plastic dial ones. -Jeff
Yes the part you turn is plastic

Ok thanks though! Learned something about them lol

·
Premium Member
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I knew they were free wheeling hubs. Didn't know the different types. Also was referring to the wading boots lol

·
Premium Member
1,281 Posts
Also Series axles don't have CV joints, they're single cardan u-joints.
If original military the front should have a reinforced tube.

·
Premium Member
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Also Series axles don't have CV joints, they're single cardan u-joints.
If original military the front should have a reinforced tube.

yes the front tube is re-enforced (looks like a piece of angle iron welded to the bottom.

Excuse my poor terminology, it was the first thing that came to mind when I wanted to say "the turny part"

Also i believe these are the type where you can bolt the leaf springs to either the top or bottom of the tube, so you can either have a raised or lowered vehicle pretty easily.

·
Premium Member
1,281 Posts
Excuse my poor terminology, it was the first thing that came to mind when I wanted to say "the turny part"
Ha, NP. "Swivel housing" would work too. :tounge

The gaiters are really to protect the swivel balls from pitting from impacts, like sand and gravel, and also to prevent snow and ice in the winter from building up and taking out your swivel seals.

·
Premium Member
406 Posts
The flat spot on the top of the axle housing is for hitting the bump stop(the rubber thingy on the bottom of the frame). First Series vehicle? Big learning curve! A parts book can help as it is important when asking who has what for doing repairs, you don't want to buy a dohicky when you wanted a whatchmacallit.......

·
Premium Member
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The flat spot on the top of the axle housing is for hitting the bump stop(the rubber thingy on the bottom of the frame). First Series vehicle? Big learning curve! A parts book can help as it is important when asking who has what for doing repairs, you don't want to buy a dohicky when you wanted a whatchmacallit.......

haha - yes first series truck, that's why im putting a coiler suspension and disco axles in it... so I know WTF im doing

I thought you could put the leafs on the top of these though and get another 1-2" from that alone.

·
Premium Member
4,887 Posts
Wow if you can get that I'll be impressed. Especially when the condition is indicated as unknown. Good luck with your sale!

Front and rear out of a 109 Canadian military truck (lhd). No idea about condition. Only rolled in and out of my garage. Front cv boots are shot.

Includes from the pinion flange to the hubs and leaf springs Drag links and everything.

Let's do $400 for the set and $50 if you want the driveshafts.

Located in 07701. Will not ship.

Note rear is still under the tub but can have it out by next weekend.

·
Premium Member
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Honestly i just put a price b/c everyone complains when i dont

No idea what they are worth.

Any offer will probably be accepted.

·
Premium Member
1,884 Posts
You can do leaf over axle as a mod to the suspension. There are a few series trucks around the forum that have that set up. Pros and cons like everything else. ;)

·
Premium Member
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
John let me know if you still want. Front is out, back will be out tonight

If not let me know and next in line can take them for whatever donation they feel like making

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts