Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Year: 1980
Model: Series 3 HiCap - 109
Engine: 2.25 Petrol, rebuilt with approx 5k miles since rebuild
Gearbox: S3 with Fairey Overdrive
Chassis: Galvanized
Drive: RHD
Color: Aries Blue

History: This truck was originally purchased and registered in the UK in 1982 (original receipts included). Rover's North imported it in the late 80s to early 90s, and ECR completed a full restoration during that early 90s period (galvanized chassis, engine rebuild, suspension upgrade). The original S3 grill was replaced with a S2a grill at that time based on owner's preference.

The truck has seen little use since restoration, approx 5k miles. It was stored indoors.

Condition: Not a show truck that you will trailer on weekends or a modern $100k ECR restoration. Looks perfect from 5 feet away. Looks appropriate without apologies from a foot away.

Title: As this vehicle is greater than 15 years old, it is sold with a bill of sale and active registration. Please confirm with your state's DMV that this is acceptable.

***Price: $15,000 firm. That is exactly what I paid from the gentleman that had it in storage for the past 3 years.*** I will post her on ebay in a few weeks at a higher price if the board has no hits.

Current State: When I purchased the truck, it had a bad fuel pump and would not start. I installed a new fuel pump and Zenith carb, and she runs like a top. That said, I have put less than 100 miles on her, and since my summer season is winding down on the islands, I am thinning the heard. As with all 2.25l series trucks, I would not recommend driving on 495/95/128 home.

Body: Bulkhead is rust free, chassis is galvanized and rust free, door bottoms are almost perfect accept for surface rust on the very corner of the driver's door (now wire brushed and treated with phosphoric acid), footwells with perfect floor boards and "ok" repairs of the upper section of the footwells (no rust or perforations, but I would simply refinish if I was going to keep).

·
Registered
754 Posts
Nice truck, I guess you just bought this off the RN board a month or so ago? I am almost positive I saw it over there……..either way, GLWS!

·
Premium Member
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, that is the one. Great truck. With 5 others in the stable and a new one on the way...

·
Premium Member
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Bump before I put the truck inside for winter storage.

-Fully tuned (timing, carb), running perfectly.
-Galvanized footwell repair panels included.

$15k firm. Now located in Brookline, MA.
*Clean MA title included.*

·
Premium Member
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just to clarify, as I learned more about the truck:

-ECR did the galvanized chassis swap
-The engine, gearbox, suspension, mechanical components, interior, hoops and canvas were RN
-The paint job was stateside, but I do not know who did it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts