Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Series 109" 2 A forward control that is one of 9 made for the GPO with plate SYF101F. It is a great piece of land rover history and probably the only one of its kind in the USA. I had planned on rebuilding it either to original spec or as a great camping/surfing truck. It originally had a bucket in the back which is no longer there but still has a great aluminum tool body.

The good
Minus the bucket truck the truck is mostly there with some hard to find parts and others easy to replace. Body is mostly straight including the tool body and has tons of character.

The Bad
Frame is gone but replacements are available or take a 109 and weld on some brackets..
The motor is in unknown condition as the rest of the drivetrain but it rolled fine when I moved it last.

This is not a quick/easy tune up and go project. It needs some good love and attention but still has potential to be one of a kind build. Happy to provide more photos

Asking $6,000 obo
Located in southern Maine
contact for link to more photos

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,278 Posts
I believe that is actually a Series IIB FC.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I did as well except the photo of the black plaque says 2a but who knows maybe that's just what was available the day it was built.

·
Premium Member
1,281 Posts
I believe that is actually a Series IIB FC.
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing based on the headlight location.

If it has ENV axles it's likely a IIB, especially combined with the headlight location. If it's a 109" wheelbase it's a IIA, if it's 110" it's a IIB

Also I believe the 6 cyl wasn't available except in the IIB.

Regardless, one of the most appealing projects I've seen in a long time. I've fancied a FC since I saw it in the owners manual of a 109 I got in '78.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts