Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am seeking a new member to my Defender Family. I am looking for a daily driver D110 that has been restored professionally. LHD, Auto Transmission, Diesel would be preferred. Any leads or members looking to sell would be much appreciated.

·
Premium Member
4,801 Posts
Anything auto is going to be aftermarket fyi. You might be better off just finding anyone that particularly suits your needs that's five speed and then paying somebody to convert it. Conversion kit is not cheap check out Ashcroft transmissions.

·
Premium Member
11,838 Posts
X1,000 The Rover diesels are painfully underpowered for auto trans.
Depends on the diesel.

I’ve driven an auto 300 and it sucked.

I’ve driven an auto td5 and it was awesome.

I’ve driven an auto puma and it was also awesome.

All depends on the engine and the tune.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I am seeking a new member to my Defender Family. I am looking for a daily driver D110 that has been restored professionally. LHD, Auto Transmission, Diesel would be preferred. Any leads or members looking to sell would be much appreciated.
I have several D110 options that might work for you. Shoot me a DM and let me know what your budget is.

Cheers,
JL

·
Premium Member
10,689 Posts
Depends on the diesel.

I’ve driven an auto 300 and it sucked.

I’ve driven an auto td5 and it was awesome.

I’ve driven an auto puma and it was also awesome.

All depends on the engine and the tune.
My gut reaction to that is to share that any Cummins/auto conversion will have much more support in the US than any Td5/Puma conversion, based on the number of authorized cummins service centers nationwide

1 - 8 of 8 Posts