Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
*Great! (to keep the rain out while you are rebuilding your current second row doors)

*Awesome!! (because they are older than me and are still around)

*One of a Kind!!! (because of the unique rust pattern on the frames)

Came off a Defender 110 but originally from a Series 109. Worked fine on the 110 with ye olde style striker latch plate.

Attachments

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rust-Oleum Red - was a short production run, very rare.

·
Premium Member
15,162 Posts
It was krylon. The match was not too bad for masai red. I compared every red spray can I could find. The hinges are worth half the asking price. If you can still get new series middle doors, these would be good donors for the glass etc.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Evilfij I assumed James or Charles put these doors on. They have held up well: they were still straight / tight and the paint color was a decent match. I would probably have just left them on the truck but my wife breaks out a tetanus needle whenever the kids use the doors (note to future buyers insurance company or lawyer: sharp rusty exposed metal surfaces were divulged prior to sale). I am hoping to get some photos for the registry once the new doors and flat top roof are installed.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes - the one and only. I recently bought her from a guy named James. I am sprucing her up a little for a 3 season daily driver - enlarging the hole in the bulkhead for more (or some) heat today before it gets cold.
Perhaps I should be asking more for these doors - museum quality nostalgia here! Too bad there isn't a theme restaurant like the Hard Rock Cafe for Land Rovers - these would look great hung on a wall with a plaque detailing their history.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The sale of these doors has been temporarily suspended. Watch for new listing tomorrow in the "Seeking Retirement Home" section.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts