Defender Source Forum banner
261 - 277 of 277 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,222 Posts
As above, what is the part number of the rotor? They should the same as the fronts (LR017951 FTC3846 BR1792R) with a 70.1 mm width. If you used Disco/D90 ones or later 110 ones, the width is wrong.

·
Registered
1990 ROW 110
460 Posts
I revised my post to explain the rotors supplied by EBC are only 64mm thick, not the 70.1 leaving me short of the bracket. Answered me own problem.... just sucks when everything is apart and waiting on parts again.

·
Super Moderator
14,222 Posts
I revised my post to explain the rotors supplied by EBC are only 64mm thick, not the 70.1 leaving me short of the bracket. Answered me own problem.... just sucks when everything is apart and waiting on parts again.
Is there a part number on the box that EBC sent? Sounds like you got Disco/D90 rears. These are also a smaller diameter, 290 versus 298. I would be checking the caliper part numbers as well.

·
Registered
1990 ROW 110
460 Posts
I ordered the right calipers. It’s simply the rear rotor is too thin at 64mm. I took the front rotor off and slapped it in the rear and everything fits. My new rotors in the front fit well.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
14,222 Posts
I would run with those. They look in good shape. The drilled and slotted rotors won't do anything useful other than reduce pad life.

·
Super Moderator
14,222 Posts
So was the ebc rotor mismanufactured?
I'm pretty sure it is a Disco/D90 rear rotor. They are 12.5 mm thick and you can see it is narrower. Either they sent/packaged the wrong part or the wrong one was ordered.

·
Super Moderator
14,222 Posts
It does not fit on the front. The new fronts are vented. In a stock 110 before around 99 the front and rear discs are the same as long as the fronts are not vented.

·
Registered
160 Posts
It does not fit on the front. The new fronts are vented. In a stock 110 before around 99 the front and rear discs are the same as long as the fronts are not vented.
Ah yes, i didn't see that he had upgraded the fronts to vented, hence using the old front rotor on the back. I thought he meant the new rear rotor fit the front well.

I've fallen victim to the d90 rear rotor trick before. Also the change in offset of the 110/130 rear rotors which from memory was about in 96 or 98?

Sent from my SM-A526B using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,496 Posts
Ah yes, i didn't see that he had upgraded the fronts to vented, hence using the old front rotor on the back. I thought he meant the new rear rotor fit the front well.

I've fallen victim to the d90 rear rotor trick before. Also the change in offset of the 110/130 rear rotors which from memory was about in 96 or 98?

Sent from my SM-A526B using Tapatalk
98 is when they changed. Ironically, you need the 99+ version to do the D1/D90/RRC rear brake upgrade

·
Registered
38 Posts
Apologies in advance if this has been discussed here already, I tried to search for it but couldn't find what i was looking for.

I ordered the conversion kit for rear discs from RoversNorth and have run into a snag trying to put it all together. Part # FTC 3306 is hitting on the back side of the axle tube and isn't sitting flush. I was planning to grind down the corners as marked in sharpie as it appears that will allow the bracket to sit flush. Before I did so, I wanted to make sure i'm not missing a spacer or anything else in the kit. Any tips would be appreciated.

Thanks

261 - 277 of 277 Posts