Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Selling the SD low profile roof rack on my Disco. Comes with a custom diamond plate platform. It's a sweet roof rack, but I have a Maggiolina rtt which doesn't fit this rack model. Selling for $600, pick up only in Jacksonville, Fl.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dale, yep sure is! Turned out to be a great tdi disco. I love the rack (best looking IMO), but need one without side rails (like a Frontrunner Slimline or similar) for my RTT. I'm open to offers, but dont have a lot of room to budge.

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
$600 is a fair and good price. Too many people trying to get $900 for these. I used to pay $500-600 all day long for good condition SD racks. They just aren't worth $900.

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
Greyhound. Pretty lax on stuff like this...

100 pound weight limit and very generous dims....30" H x 47" W x 82" L.

I think all that is required is it be reasonably "wrapped" ie: stretch wrap and cardboard corners etc.

Only other catch is they do not offer pick-up or drop, must be driven over to the depot and "deposited" with them.

Good luck!! I used to ship all the time. Never paid more than $150 for a rack from the right coast all the way to LALA land (west coast)

·
Premium Member
2,673 Posts
Actually a low SD rack probably is worth $900, the high rack is a $600 rack all day long but if this is a low version it is far more rare and desirable. Put another way I am betting you could have put it on Dweb at $900 and nobody would have bat an eye.

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
I agree that the low rack is more rare, but the truck that it goes on (SD or non-sunroof other models) is also rare. I guess it can be used for someone that doesn't use the sunroofs.

I wouldn't pay $900 for a SD rack - rare, like new or otherwise. They rust like hell, built/designed sub-standard. But that's just me.

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
Actually a low SD rack probably is worth $900, the high rack is a $600 rack all day long but if this is a low version it is far more rare and desirable. Put another way I am betting you could have put it on Dweb at $900 and nobody would have bat an eye.
I disagree, when I tried to sell my low rack on D-Web last year. I could not even get a bite at $700. I ended up selling it on CL for $650 and even that took a month or so.

2+ years ago that was probably still true though. But the DI used accessory market as kind of tanked over the past few years.

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sale pending. Its a nice looking rack, just can't get my (beloved) Maggiolina on it.

·
Premium Member
2,673 Posts
I disagree, when I tried to sell my low rack on D-Web last year. I could not even get a bite at $700. I ended up selling it on CL for $650 and even that took a month or so.

2+ years ago that was probably still true though. But the DI used accessory market as kind of tanked over the past few years.
Fascinating-can't argue with the facts I guess. Makes me glad 2 years ago I sold 2 high racks on Dweb for over $500 and one of them didn't even have the damn clamps.

Glad this sold, otherwise I'd have thought about buying a 2nd low rack just in case I get another Disco.

------ Follow up post added October 2nd, 2015 09:29 AM ------

I agree that the low rack is more rare, but the truck that it goes on (SD or non-sunroof other models) is also rare. I guess it can be used for someone that doesn't use the sunroofs.

I wouldn't pay $900 for a SD rack - rare, like new or otherwise. They rust like hell, built/designed sub-standard. But that's just me.
People use the sunroofs on D1s? When I switched mine to the low rack I hadn't ever opened them on any of the three D1s I've owned, and didn't really mind removing the roof rails and backfilling with a rubber puck to fill those holes.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
$600 is a fair and good price. Too many people trying to get $900 for these. I used to pay $500-600 all day long for good condition SD racks. They just aren't worth $900.
Yep. I paid $800 for mine a good 5 years ago, and that was with new powder coating.

This is a good price, but not a give away. Worth it.

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yeah The low rack is the best looking IMO, but I love my Maggiolina and some solid camping season is approaching!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts