Defender Source Forum banner

81 - 100 of 148 Posts

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
I am absolutely in either for the group buy or I'll take the CAD file as I do have a metal shop who can go off that. Please let me know either way. 1995 ST.

------ Follow up post added April 22nd, 2015 09:10 PM ------

Only change is I wouldn't want the cutouts for the seat belts but it's no big deal. '95 soft top.

·
Premium Member
685 Posts
In for a 94 ST

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
Update: Just got back from the Metal Shop. I have asked them to provide my CAD file and a price for a group buy they manage. Full disclosure they maybe way too expensive to reproduce at my local shop but I hope to share the CAD file for anyone that has a low cost fabricator.
View attachment 118989
View attachment 118990
Update:
Just got back from dropping off a usb drive. They are going to call me when they get the cad file uploaded. My first pair was $800 (crazy but I needed to finish my interior) but thought if he built 10 or more he could cut that in 1/2. As soon as I get the file It will be uploaded. Thanks

·
Premium Member
787 Posts
Update:
Just got back from dropping off a usb drive. They are going to call me when they get the cad file uploaded. My first pair was $800 (crazy but I needed to finish my interior) but thought if he built 10 or more he could cut that in 1/2. As soon as I get the file It will be uploaded. Thanks
There looks great, cannot wait.. I would gladly pay $400 for a set or take the file also.. thanks

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
Update:
I just got the files but not able to upload them. I am going to email them to Paul.

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
I'd like a set or I have a metal shop in Austin that could make them off the CAD file. Just let me know either way. I'm getting fairly close to actually needing them as my full on restoration is starting to move.

·
Premium Member
1,429 Posts
Quick update since I'm beginning to get a few messages on this.

The file has been converted and cut paths are established. From a design point I'm ready to go. However, I need to tighten the tolerances on my machine before going into production.

Once that's dialed in I should be able to cut a few samples to see what gauge material works best. I'm pretty sure these will be aluminum.

I'll start a new thread once I have a sample cut please try and be patient.

Thanks

81 - 100 of 148 Posts