Defender Source Forum banner

61 - 80 of 148 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
rear speaker mounts

I want! And just to clarify they will fit a 1995 D90 softtop with jumpseats?

I will purchase as soon as you can confirm they fit my girl and show some pics to the same.

·
Premium Member
6,045 Posts
I'm so happy to have the boxes available that I'd almost prefer to take them raw and paint them myself. Touch ups wouldn't be an issue then. If the PC works out though, great.

One of the previous images shows that the gauge doesn't seem too thin. It's hard to tell from the final product if the same gauge was used or if the thicker gauge was a prototype or jig. I think it's the same unit, though.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,045 Posts
I think I'd like a set also, provided they fit a '94 ST with the crossbars and seat belts. ULC made up speaker boxes for me, but they won't stay fitted and in place. Plus they're fiberboard! And they take up a lot of room.
They sounded hideous! But actually look pretty cool. Love the dc plugs and lock and folds. Did they move your seat belt retractors? Sorry for the sidetrack!

I think everyone is going to love these as they look stock, just waaaaaaaay better!

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
Good idea, ok execution....just not metal nor low profile. The power ports were my idea after I saw them on an Icon build, and thought they'd be handy for travel fridge. I'd drill out holes in these to keep them. Not sure about the seat belts, that's another issue that needs to be addressed. (Punch list as long as my arm....thanks ULC!)

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
I'm ready...my factory ones have taken all they can handle. Both are cracked at the screw holes and have bits missing along the edges that fit under the capping.

Any ETA on the ST versions?

·
Registered
311 Posts
Me too. Just in time for summer. My factory boxes have not cracked yet, but one small hit could spell the end. I had wanted to put some Marino sockets in my speaker boxes, but discarded the idea, as I see the originals as too fragile and likely to break after many uses. So what is the suspected time frame cost expected?

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
Update: Just got back from the Metal Shop. I have asked them to provide my CAD file and a price for a group buy they manage. Full disclosure they maybe way too expensive to reproduce at my local shop but I hope to share the CAD file for anyone that has a low cost fabricator.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429731458.282215.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429731479.198232.jpg

61 - 80 of 148 Posts