Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 20 of 148 Posts

·
Premium Member
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These are made out of Aluminum and come primed with self etching primer.
Fully custimized to your needs, If you need the seatbelt cutout please let me know, if you intent is to use as a spacer for tuffy boxes also specify this as well.

These are built for soft tops and will need verification if they will work on SW, so with this being said I'm asking for one(1) volunteer if you have a NAS 90 SW please email me with your information.

$95.00 a pair

Attachments

·
Premium Member
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
James,

Here are the side & top pictures, can you verify the clearance?

Also they idea behind extending the speakers out was to allow space for a 12v plug and courtesy lights to come on when you open the doors, of course I'm just talking for my own rig, but you get the idea.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
685 Posts
Super psyched about these...

·
Premium Member
685 Posts
They will fit a '94 ST, correct?

·
Premium Member
804 Posts
Definitely won't work with inward facing seats found in a SW. As you can see in the pic below the stock speaker housing only protrudes about 1/2" from the body. With my JL 6" component speakers in the stock housing this only leaves about 1/2" between the grill and the seat bracket.

Sorry about the pic, it's dark out.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Definitely won't work with inward facing seats found in a SW. As you can see in the pic below the stock speaker housing only protrudes about 1/2" from the body. With my JL 6" component speakers in the stock housing this only leaves about 1/2" between the grill and the seat bracket.

Sorry about the pic, it's dark out.
Thank you James,

So it would seem that with inward facing seats they would not fit.

John,

The housing size is: 10" H x 10" W (I subtracted unusable space)

Not to worry I'm already working on a set for SW with inward facing seats, I have jigs to work from and actual body panels... I just did not have those seats and placement in the SW

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Hey Tom,

Thanks for the speedy reply. I'm definitely interested as it sounds like these will work for 6 x 9's. Just curious how these attach to the body. Do you bolt them in? Do they just sit in there flush without any retainers or straps? Do I need to fabricate a bracket after I receive them?

Thanks, these look really cool.

·
Premium Member
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey Tom,

Thanks for the speedy reply. I'm definitely interested as it sounds like these will work for 6 x 9's. Just curious how these attach to the body. Do you bolt them in? Do they just sit in there flush without any retainers or straps? Do I need to fabricate a bracket after I receive them?

Thanks, these look really cool.
They use the original speaker mounting bolts, no extra holes required....I would recommend to use new bolts with large washers.

Tom

·
Premium Member
329 Posts
i have a ST with the rear bench seat, will I need to notch these for the seat belt that runs up to the roll bar and over? i am super stoked about these! BTW, the kick panels i got from you recently for the driver and passenger side were perfect! Thanks!

i just re read the original post.... oops!

·
Premium Member
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Are the speaker holes 5 1/2 or 5 1/4 inch????

Seems like most speakers are 5 1/4"
I measured my old stock set & they were 5 1/2, but really the speaker size and placement is one of the last steps we do, so at that point we can custom make what you need no worries.

·
Premium Member
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
some folks were asking for the seatbelt cutout, we just processed a few orders today so I snapped a picture.
The cutout for the seatbelt has been riveted to the box, should your configuration in the future change you can always remove the top (2) rivets and cover the holes again.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 148 Posts