Defender Source Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1994 NAS D90 Portofino ST #4
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard someone mention something about a LR rust warranty? Do you guys know anything about it? How long is the warranty good for? It seems like the Defender's body tends to rust inside the doors at the bottom and at the hinges? What can I do to protect my vehicle and repair damage that has already been done?

Thanks-
Brian

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
A 95 D90 would be out of warranty. I have a 97, and only had 1 month left on my warranty. Sorry.

chris

·
Premium Member
4,789 Posts
Por-15 is a good rust protection. Other then that I hear waxoil is good also.

·
Premium Member
7,832 Posts
What is good to use to stop rust that has started. I have a little rust on the bottom corners of my front doors.

·
Premium Member
7,832 Posts
okay so took a glance at the POR 15 site. Has anyone used this stuff in thier trucks? or the waxoyl? my main intention is to stop what has already started???

·
Premium Member
522 Posts
I used the Por 15 on the frame of my 78 FJ40 a few years back and it was awesome. You just scrape off the loose rust, paint on the stuff that bonds to the remaining rust then there is this black stuff that coats and seals the rust. If it is going to be exposed to the sun you have to overspray with paint or else the black coating turns gray.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts