Defender Source Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #22 (Edited)
I could not believe the dirty play by Sébastien Vahaamahina that had him thrown off.
He knows the cameras are running, he already scored a try with his 6 ft 7 1⁄2 in frame that weighs 278 lb.
Loosing him was a game changing event in such a close match.
Very silly play when so much was at stake.
France looses by 1 single point and Wales moves on to the finals.

The Japan ZA game was a surprise.
I thought Japan would have done better.
The quick response on turn overs and the strong ZA defense kept the previously fast attacking by Japan in full check.
The ZA scrum half Faf de Klerk played an awesome match while he kept the ZA forwards on the move during most of the play.
I saw few mistakes coming from South Africa and many from Japan as their attack broke down and faded away.

·
Registered
26 Posts
They typically rebroadcast later in the day.
The final 4 play this weekend and weekend after that are the match for 3rd and then the final.
Both semi finals are going to be brutal!

------ Follow up post added October 24th, 2019 07:05 PM ------

The England vs NZ game is live and free on NBS sport and there streaming service if you have regular cable it can be accessed without the gold package, which I think you will need for the Wales vs SA game.

·
Premium Member
10,535 Posts
Ok so some reasons why Wales could win on Sunday: 1) they have won the last 4/5 matches V SA 2) in the 10 games Garces has officiated South Africa they have won only 1. 3) South Africa have been in 4 semi’s : they beat Argentina by 24 points in 2007 BUT all the rest have been desperately tight: 1995 won by 4, 1999 lost by 6, 2015 lost by 2. If Wales can stay within a score and there is every reason why they can , they can get across the line.

·
Premium Member
9,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
I have great fondness for the Welsh team.
The next 4 games will be exciting, no doubt and I personally would like to see some teams in the final other than the Springboks and All Blacks.

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
I'll be up at 0300hrs CST to watch England take down New Zealand

Cheers

·
Premium Member
9,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #35 (Edited)
England's attack was so fast that the All Blacks more conventional structured game didn't respond.
I was surprised of the lack luster attitude of play the blacks put into the rucks.
They are larger stronger and generally much harder to stop, but they didn't commit to the rucks and it cost them the match.
Wouldn't tomorrow be exciting if Wales moved on with another under-dog upset...
?

·
Premium Member
10,535 Posts
100% exciting to have Wales in Final as well. Might not be good for Southern Hemisphere viewers...

·
Premium Member
9,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Wales ZA match was close, but am wearing a Springbok jersey this morning.
It will be an exciting final England verses Suid-Afrika.
The 3rd place match will be worth watching with the All Blacks up against Wales.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts