Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I currently have one good 2 position memory seat ECU in fully functional, tested condition. New battery. Good for about 5 years before you need to replace the battery. Install and it will work right off the bat. $350 includes shipping.
If you want your rebuildable ECU brought back to life it will cost you $250 for me to do it. You will get a fully functional, tested unit back; good for many years of service. Price includes return shipping.
I also refurbish seat switches.

·
Premium Member
3,347 Posts
I'll take the good one and send you two that look to be in good shape. I'll need one rebuilt the other you can keep for the next person.

·
Premium Member
7,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sold out. I am expecting two more soon. If those are repairable I'll do it and repost.

·
Premium Member
7,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have two more seat ECUs. Holiday special 300 each and a $50 core for your old one. That's a fully functional memory seat/mirror ECU for about what you'd spend at a strip club!

·
Premium Member
7,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK Inventory update. Have four ECUs in production. Let me know if you are interested.

·
Premium Member
7,734 Posts
OK Inventory update. Have four ECUs in production. Let me know if you are interested.
Bill I have a buddy at work that might be interested. Can I have him give you a call? He's not on the boards so I try to help when I see a potential connection. Carlos has done some work on his truck and he a great guy local there on your side of the river.

·
Premium Member
4,618 Posts
I have two more seat ECUs. Holiday special 300 each and a $50 core for your old one. That's a fully functional memory seat/mirror ECU for about what you'd spend at a strip club!
wow-- is that really what people spend at a strip club?
I havent been to one since 1993....

·
Premium Member
7,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bill I have a buddy at work that might be interested. Can I have him give you a call? He's not on the boards so I try to help when I see a potential connection. Carlos has done some work on his truck and he a great guy local there on your side of the river.
Yup. I just put in a huge order with digi-key. They even have the board mounted relays in stock. Love them!

·
Premium Member
211 Posts
I may be interested in one or sending mine to you for repair but I need to complete a diagnosis first. Not sure if my problem is the ECU or switch. If you've got any handy tips you'd like to pass along, feel free to PM me.

Thanks,

CARL

·
Premium Member
7,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I may be interested in one or sending mine to you for repair but I need to complete a diagnosis first. Not sure if my problem is the ECU or switch. If you've got any handy tips you'd like to pass along, feel free to PM me.

Thanks,

CARL
Send it on. I'll look at it and tell you whether it needs rebuilding or what. won't do anything or charge you if you don't want. It may just be something minor. Or not.

------ Follow up post added December 9th, 2015 12:30 PM ------

Bill,

I am in for one. I fixed mine, for a while, but now all it does is run the mirrors!

Mark
PM me

·
Premium Member
7,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Aww, thanks Squire B.

·
Premium Member
7,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ECU world headquarters: image-3544071551.jpg Works in progress. This one I repaired a lot of traces and tinned everything ready to get reassembled with a bunch of new parts: image-2421959037.jpg This one a bit further along. Traces were good so they got acid cleaned and new conformal coating. New capacitors going in and a few resistors. Note the high quality sockets I use for the IC chips. They won't be affected by battery vomit! image-2504328897.jpg

·
Premium Member
7,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
John I'm certain I am going to get one of these to you soon!!!

------ Follow up post added January 14th, 2016 10:42 PM ------

Still buying cores, folks!!!

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
I'm going to need one since the classic I bought recently doesn't have the ecu. Just need to raise the coin for it..

·
Premium Member
7,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Bump. 2 more units are tested 100% and ready to ship. I have 4 that are in test mode and if they check out they too will be available. I don't know when if if I will get more, so if you have been even thinking about it, now is the time to buy these hen's teeth.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts