Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brother in law is doing the heater core and fan in his RRC and needs some dash pieces.

He has a 1994 (hard dash) and is looking for lower dash trim particularly the trim around the radio and cig lighter. Please PM any leads and I can forward you his email.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
7,155 Posts
If you can find one you'll have to pay big. Is it in any way repirable or is it missing? I assume that he needs the switch panels too> What other expensive interior bits do you need? fuse box cover? Ha hahahahaha!

·
Premium Member
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have been looking for that large winged piece for 60 days or so. There's one on ebay for around $300.
Yikes - if it's taken you that long then it must be a hard to get item! I will tell him to check the eBay ad.

------ Follow up post added June 16th, 2015 06:37 PM ------

If you can find one you'll have to pay big. Is it in any way repirable or is it missing? I assume that he needs the switch panels too> What other expensive interior bits do you need? fuse box cover? Ha hahahahaha!
I think his truck has it but just cracked?

And I thought my Defender dash pieces were hard and expensive to find. At least it had some metal and wire and argon are pretty cheap :)

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
I have 2 off of early 87-88 RRC's grey and have the cut out for the diff lock (cool if you are doing an LT230 conversion)

·
Premium Member
7,155 Posts
My usual sources are out. Pre 91 will not fit, and only 91-94 have the heated seat switch holes.

·
Premium Member
4,618 Posts
My usual sources are out. Pre 91 will not fit, and only 91-94 have the heated seat switch holes.
Classics don't have heated seats.....get any trim piece available.

Switch holes or not.

·
Premium Member
1,357 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,155 Posts
Fingers crossed Carlos has one. Could take years to find and that's no exaggeration.

·
Premium Member
4,618 Posts
Oh yes they do, 93 and up.....

No, they might have a button that indicates heated seats...but I have never felt heat in any 93-95 Classic seat.

If you have one that actually provides heat...I want to feel it.

- he has heated seats - although they don't work at the moment.
Oh really?? lol

·
Premium Member
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I was assuming you were looking for the dark brown color dash piece, but you never specified. Grey or dark brown?
Sorry I didn't specify - brown - I guess there is just dark brown?

------ Follow up post added June 17th, 2015 06:56 PM ------

No, they might have a button that indicates heated seats...but I have never felt heat in any 93-95 Classic seat. If you have one that actually provides heat...I want to feel it. Oh really?? lol .
Haha - I will have to tell him they are all like that.

------ Follow up post added June 17th, 2015 06:58 PM ------

I have two, one has the holes for the heated seats and one does not. Both are grey, hard dash.
Thanks - sorry didn't say what color

·
Premium Member
1,357 Posts
Fingers crossed Carlos has one. Could take years to find and that's no exaggeration.
you ain't kidding bud....but in all reality I don't think I have body parts left.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts