Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently swapped out my ROW axles for a set of NAS axles. I am looking to sell the original ROW axles, or if there is enough interest part them out. I would plan on replacing the bearings, but otherwise they worked well, and the passenger CV is nearly new (thanks Lav!)

I also have the ROW links as well, as shown in the pic.

Shipping is on your dime, and any reasonable offer will most likely be accepted.

FYI: they have about 125k miles on them, and are covered in a thin layer of mud.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Yes, Left Hand Drive, but unless I am mistaken, everything is interchangeable . . . left hand drive vs. right hand drive. Maybe only the steering knuckle is different?

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Dam, I'd be in for RHD. Yep, steering knuckle on opposite side.
You can get/reuse a RHD steering knuckle, axles case are not sided. Methinks, these should be available from major rebuild shops, doing LS and steering swaps, as they are throw-away parts to them?

·
Premium Member
1,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I am ready to start breaking these apart, so let me know if you need any parts. These are all ROW bits, and are slightly different in general that NAS parts.

Front Diff (stock gearing, 10 spline)
Rear Diff (stock gearing, 10 spline)
Axle Housing (front and rear)
Half Shafts and CVs (10 spline)
Hubs (LHD)
Rear Radius Arms
Front Radius Arms
Rear A-Frame

Just make a reasonable offer, and shipping is on the buyer.

Possible delivery of parts to Rovers On The Rocks (via RURR).

·
Premium Member
3,529 Posts
Dam, I'd be in for RHD. Yep, steering knuckle on opposite side.
It should be as straightforward as swapping the parts I believe, axles should be the same variant depending on your model year.

I could be wrong but I think the 10 spline will fit the 24 splines for the steering bits on the axle side

·
Premium Member
1,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Still available, will be breaking them down this weekend, in case anyone needs the hubs, half-shafts, CV, ect.

·
Premium Member
1,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Could be interested in the front half shafts & CVs if shipping isn't too bad...price?
How about $60 (plus shipping) for both front half-shafts and cv's? What's your zip code?

The right CV only has about 400 miles on it.

I will use the funds to buy beer for Lavender, who randomly had a ROW CV in his stash of trail spares for his NAS90

·
Registered
212 Posts
Or you can pick them up in Saratoga on Thursday for ADK Happy Hour and save on shipping!

plus a bump for the rest of Greg's stuff!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts