Defender Source Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This won't last! I HATE to sell these but I have ditched my next Rover project in order to get a bike and loose weight. ;-)

Rover Accessories 1/2 doors, tube frame construction, never installed. They mount to your existing hinges and you use your latch. Aluminum inserts as pictured. These are awesome and no longer made, lovingly stored.

$300 plus shipping or local delivery/pick up.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,720 Posts
Just so I can have the satisfaction of saying licked before the Parts Ninja can. "Licked!" but not really. Sure is nice though.

·
Premium Member
1,887 Posts
F*** it I'll lick them. Dont know where the hell I'll store them. Shipping to 07724. You take paypal?:)

·
Premium Member
1,887 Posts
Still run into the same problem, where to store the bottom half of the doors then? :)
The 90's still original as it gets. Paint n'all. (minus the newer engine, gas cap, trend plates on front fenders, R380 dealer install, canvas top, and on its 3rd or 4th windshield, etc.:grin) So its rover original.
Still licked the doors thou, cause they are bad ass looking and I never knew someone made a set specifically for the rover.

·
Mendicant
8,445 Posts
And some parts the ninja buys, but does not see. Can't wait to hear how this truck from the UK turns out!

·
Premium Member
1,887 Posts
Just to let everyone know that the doors just came in.:) And they look freak'n awesome can not wait to put them on either the 90 or the battlewagon. Found the instructions for it from the manufacture's and you don't need a anti-burst lock for the doors just works on a simple pin system (sweet). :grin

Side note, does anyone have any more information about these doors or experience with them?

Thanks for the doors

·
Premium Member
4,135 Posts
I have at least 3 (possible 4) sets of these in boxes. One set like the ones Chris posted above, one bat wing door set and one web set if I recall. 2 of the sets are at my house and I can take pictures. Same price, $300 + shipping

·
Premium Member
16,553 Posts
I have at least 3 (possible 4) sets of these in boxes. One set like the ones Chris posted above, one bat wing door set and one web set if I recall. 2 of the sets are at my house and I can take pictures. Same price, $300 + shipping

Any pics?

------ Follow up post added June 17th, 2010 03:48 PM ------

What is a bat-wing set?

·
Premium Member
4,135 Posts
Any pics?

------ Follow up post added June 17th, 2010 03:48 PM ------

What is a bat-wing set?
I'll get pictures of the ones I have tonight and my friend Peter will get pictures of the ones he has
Heres what the web/bat doors looked like but the ones we have dont have the RA branding on them if I recall

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,887 Posts
how did you like the pin system? Thanks for the photos. Would have thought there was a good market for these types of doors?

·
Premium Member
4,135 Posts
I've personally never used them. These were new and sat in a warehouse for ages and I'm helping my buddy sell them off. I have the 2 sets because I was going to show them to someone else who was interested in them but I greabbed the wrong sets.

·
Premium Member
16,553 Posts
William these are still legal in NJ? I guess it's just some "form" of door that needs to be there. My brothers' friends used to drive us around door-less in their CJs back in the 80s until they outlawed it.

I guess the only pains are having to disconnect the doors, speaker wiring, and door chimes (if you have them)?

·
Premium Member
1,887 Posts
Door chimes? Don't have any of those, just the speaker wires as far as i know.

Does anyone know any history on these things? And if they would work on a series w/old type of lock system?

I see jeeps all the time with no doors on in jersey. Was unware of any law on the books about not having doors on in a vehicle.

·
Premium Member
4,135 Posts
About 6 years ago when they were still around, a company called Rover Accessories made a small batch of them for the Defenders. Thats pretty much the history. I haven't heard of anyone trying them on a Series.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts