Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

I am selling my RockWare Front Bumper. This is actually the "original" RockWare bumper. This is the first one Matt made for his own D90. You guys know the quality of ALL RockWare gear is second to none and these bumpers are bullet proof.

It has the receiver hitch addition in the center so you can slide in all types of off road accessories (winch, tie point, etc), then remove them when you don't need them.

Condition. It has been wheeled as you can see by the pictures but it is solid. No issues beyond the cosmetic. Sand blast and new powder coat will give you a new bumper again. The only reason why I am taking this off is because Matt just finished my new one.

I will take $400. I figure the buyer can rock it as is, or for about $100 they can powder coat it and get a $1000 bumper for half price AND not have to wait months to get one from Matt.

I would prefer not to ship this. Matt told me it usually costs about $200 when he ships them out (and he is only about 10 miles from me in CO), but if someone wants me to ship it on their dime if there are no local buyers.

Attachments

·
Registered
275 Posts
Glws! As another Rockware fan/customer, I'll vouch for build quality. Also, if anyone between Denver and Wisconsin buys this in the next couple days, I might be able to help with delivery.

·
Premium Member
814 Posts
Awesome piece of American rover history. I have their first dislocation cones, gussets trailing links, rear bumper, and offset front tie rod. Matt wanted production, not prototype stuff for the twist off in '99. Great dude and great company...

Good luck with the sale!

Jay

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the support, sold locally. I miss it already....well I will tomorrow. Its still in the garage.

·
Premium Member
8,969 Posts
Man, I've always wanted this EXACT bumper for the 130...but in a blade version (with no brushguard). Love the clean lines, and *sort* of glad I didn't see this ad earlier or I'd probably be asking you to ship it :).

If it falls through, keep me in mind as a backup I suppose...

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I tried to send it home, Matt told me to let it go.

Sold and paid, best part is that it is going on a rig as is original without resto!

As for the new bumper, I had some electrical issues. Pictures coming.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts