Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this truck from a local guy in the Peak District in June and have driven it 800+ miles in the UK. This is by far the best driving a performing tdi I've driven and is actually alarmingly fast for me as someone not used to performance mods beyond a bit of fuel pump tweaking.

The previous owner installed a big VNT turbo I believe from an Audi, added big Allisport intercooler, tweeked the fueling a bit and added a boost and egt gauge to monitor. The results are a a vehicle that easily cruises at 75 and has power to accelerate dramatically up to 85. It was still puling when I decided i'd had enough.

There is a decent sized lift on the truck with poly bushes and cranked front and rear radius arms. This has been done properly and the truck handles beautifully. I used to be a boy racer on South Derbyshire country lanes and this would have kept up with my peugeot 205 no problem. I don't normally race around in cars I intend to sell or use for our expedition business but couldn't resist it with this one. It's super fun.

There is absolutely nothing in the back of this truck. A blank canvas and in very good condition. I have all kinds of ideas about, drawer systems and custom gullwing doors but have decided to leave it as is. I really like the way it looks.

1992 Defender 90 200tdi 98000 miles - this will go up as it is already booked on a trip in Arizona in a few weeks.

255 85 16 BFG MT's - lots of tread
Raptor dash with nice array of switches
immobilizer
HD shocks - Terra Firma
Adrenalin 4x$ rear radius arms
chassis is rust free and coated with waxoil. MOT history states that there was a failure for corrosion but this has been properly repaired
Allisport XL intercooler
VNT Turbo - professionally installed
Kenlowe fan
nice color but the paint needs some attention if you care about perfect paint. It would be perfect for my rental and expeditions as I won't be stressed when I take it off road. It appears to have had bulkhead repairs in the corner at some point.

EGT gauge, set in centigrade it didn't get above 650 when I was driving it quite hard up hill on the M1. Probably you would need to make adjustments if you want to drive at altitude.
Boost gauge
RPM counter.
Low mile and obviously well maintained engine. no leaks and clean.

Doors are from a series truck or early Defender I think. I like the handles they work well but need a bit of attention on the bottoms. I will do that if the buyers gets near the asking price.

Interested buyers are encouraged to come down and take the truck out on an extended test drive. I will be renting this out for 200 a day. You are welcome also to come join us on a short guided trip. We have monthly 3 or 4 night trips to Sonoran Mexico. You would get a great feel for the truck at the end of that.

This is perfect for someone who wants a truck that can handle serious off road as well as drive properly at USA highway speeds. That is an expensive thing to achieve here in the US. I've had 11 or 12 TDI's in the US and this is the first one that is honestly properly ready to keep up and play with fast moving highway traffic.

23500 USD - Will be sold with Arizona title

I hadn't intended to put on the market so quickly and don't have pics of the cabin or the engine bay on my phone any more, I'll post others later and all the usual pics of chassis, bulkhead doors etc when it arrives next week.

cheers

Marcus

Attachments

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Some more of the back and a trip we took to the Yorkshire Dales

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Engine bay, intercooler and turbo and nice array of gauges.

I took video of it going very fast. Ill try and post that up.

Arizona registered now.

Still 23 that wont change.

Come check it out, take it out for a few days and see what you think. This is by far the funnest Defender I've owned.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Fresh Arizona registration. Couldn't resist the HV plates, again.

So a glam shot and some of the ugly stuff. The doors are structurally fine, just need a better repair than the previous job.

I continue to enjoy driving this truck more than perhaps any car ive ever owned. If you like to drive fast both on and off road, and occasionally drive too close to trees this is the perfect truck for you.

Recent work includes 6 hours spent sorting our wiring behind the dash.

Will continue to be driven and any issues arising will be dealt with.

Come rent for a few days. Youll love it.

Price the same at 23.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Heres the closest up pic i have on me.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanksgiving bump.

No price change but the price above now includes fully fixing those doors and a fantastic exmoor lock and fold seat in the back.

Pics are from a scouting trip last week into the Rio Sonora Valley 5 hours south of Tucson. Shown to evidence the reliability of this truck. Not a place i would tske a truck that i wasnt fully confident in.

I also took this truck down as its the only one i own capable of handling like a passenger car on winding roads and traveling comfortably at highway speeds of 75+

Price includes an extensive multi day test drive. Heading back to Mexico Dec 6 - 9 if anyone wants to join and drive this truck as support on another scouting trip.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Price drop to 18

Dont like to drop prices normally and I'm happy that this truck is worth what I asked originally but I'm lowering this for a quick sale. If it doesn't sell in two weeks at this price I'll keep it.

A reminder. This is the most powerfully set up 200tdi I've ever been in. It is an absolute blast to drive on forest service roads and it would be a great base for an overland or camping rig.

Not sure I mentioned disc brake conversion on the back.

Doors operate fine but need attention. Repair not included in price.

Still available for a test drive.

Call on 520 3073852

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bump

Still driving this regularly. Still super fun.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Entertaining offers

Considering making into an expedition food truck.

I probably need saving from this endeavor

1 - 14 of 14 Posts