Defender Source Forum banner

201 - 218 of 218 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #204
Subbed out to a galvanizer in Racine WI.

They were blasted and then galvanized

Ben

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #205
Lifters lubed and put in their forever home.

I am awaiting oem rods due to me buying adjustable pushrods from Turner and deciding against using them.

Ben

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #208 (Edited)
Started reassembly of front of the engine, injector rail and final torqued headers. Put in upgraded injectors. Of course need new sensors.

Ordered new heater pipe since I wasn’t happy how it turned out and also new alternator, ignition wire clips and oil cap.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #209 (Edited)
Separated my hood to be soda blasted and then be massaged by my aluminum guy to take a few dents out.

Bulkhead being pickup from my shop tomorrow!!!!

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #210 (Edited)
Got bulkhead, front roll bar installed and started brake lines routing. Also touched base with my aluminum guy working on my panels. He found bondo in my hood, but repairs were perfect! Got it better than new.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #213 (Edited)
The beauty of working on Land Rovers is you get to do things multiple times.

I forgot I needed to tap new holes for my hand brake bracket, which were behind the brake. Oh well job done!

Also installed my new caliper lines to my AP calipers that I finally got from overseas.

Ben

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #214
My break-in oil finally arrived and got to use my handy tool I got from the uk to prime oil pump and set initial timing.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #216
Yes, I have the carfax. Started life in NC, then NM, CO for the majority of its life then FL for a few years

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #217
Today, again, I realized how lucky I was to find a true blacksmith that has a passion for metal work the old school ways.

I got my tool box back from him today. It needed work on the seam where the two pieces of metal are electrically welded due to rot.

201 - 218 of 218 Posts