Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Again

Rebuilt LT230 Transfer cases, completely overhauled, new bearings, seals and whatever else was needed. shipped direct from the UK. $1300.

Built to your spec. 1.2. 1.4 or 1.6.

discounts if you want an R380 or LT77 at the same time.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
768 Posts
I have a 1988 ROW with a 19J and LT77...with a different transfer case would I get a bit more speed around town / highway? Not sure which transfer is in it now...but i assume stock...

·
Premium Member
5,394 Posts
Adam,
You will gain top speed but loose climb performance if hills are involved in high range. You probably have a 1.4 xfer case but I would check for sure. Low range will be unchanged.

·
Premium Member
5,299 Posts
I have a 1988 ROW with a 19J and LT77...with a different transfer case would I get a bit more speed around town / highway? Not sure which transfer is in it now...but i assume stock...
you will have to check the numbers on the side of the case.

My ROW truck came with a 1.6....i moved to a 1.2 from a disco and love it

·
Premium Member
5,394 Posts
you will have to check the numbers on the side of the case.

My ROW truck came with a 1.6....i moved to a 1.2 from a disco and love it
A 90 should come with a 1.4 xfer case. A 110 most likely came with (as in your case) a 1.6 xfer case. What motor does your 110 have?

·
Premium Member
10,295 Posts
Adam, the 19J may not have enough power to pull a higher geared TC.
A 1.6 is the best option for the lethargic 19J.

·
Premium Member
5,299 Posts
Adam, the 19J may not have enough power to pull a higher geared TC.
A 1.6 is the best option for the lethargic 19J.

agreed. My 200tdi with atune, power pin and massive intercooler is great with my disco case...it would be a dog without the tuning

·
Premium Member
768 Posts
I will take a look at the TC for a number...

·
Premium Member
1,534 Posts
I run a 200/LT77/1.2 combo at 4500 elevation. It's a dog in 1st and taking off on hill is tons of fun, but all other gears fine and top end is nice. It has been tuned. I am in process of having 1.4 rebuilt to deal with that.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts