Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 110 CSW has a separate window washer reservoir in the back door. It looks like the pump is also connected to the reservoir.

Has any one seen this set up? And/or replumbed it so the front fluid reservoir and pump serves the back.

I'm looking to get rid of it since it is leaky. I could remove it all together and not worry, but if I can re configure it I'd be willing to give it a try.

·
Super Moderator
12,986 Posts
You can use a front reservoir that has two pumps, one for the rear, if you want. It is one of the stock setups. What do you have for a front reservoir currently? There are a few versions...

·
Registered
379 Posts
Hi, I have the same setup on my 90. I would be surprised if the bag is leaking, it is pretty tough and sheltered. More than likely it is the tubes or fittings. The pump is available from a number of sources.

Mine was inop and I thought about alternatives including pumping from the front, but wound up flushing the reservoir and pump, cleaning the terminals brought it back to life. If you do go with the front setup, you will need to source a reservoir with dual pumps.

Try these folks, I used their equipment when I replaced the washer system on my SIII. Nice guys, supply all sorts of OE systems but are willing to take time advising on things like old Rovers.... Also stock an almost perfect replacement for the big $$$ and low quality Lucas 2 speed wiper/wash switch.
AM Equipment Windshield Wiper Systems & Durable DC Motors

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks I'll look into the dual set up. The real problem I'm trying to solve for is avoiding to cut a hole in my new Mud rear door skin for the fill top. If I got some courage up, it would make more sense to keep it the way it is now.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Thanks I'll look into the dual set up. The real problem I'm trying to solve for is avoiding to cut a hole in my new Mud rear door skin for the fill top. If I got some courage up, it would make more sense to keep it the way it is now.
Assuming you have the Mud door card with the pocket, will it clear the reservoir and pump so that "only" the fill hole is needed? From pics, It looks as if the pocket ends just about where the fill port is.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts