Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am finally ready to reinstall the headliner after fixing the leak in the roof and replacing the sound deadening mat. After putting as much effort into this project as I have I was wondering if there is a "proper" way to reinstall the plastic bit that runs down the interior from back wall and attaches to the bulkhead (I think they are called rear window surrounds?). When I removed mine it was held on by 2 metal clips at the top and one weird looking retaining bolt? There are 5 bolt holes so I am thinking the PO just put something in there to make it work. Is there a proper way to reinstall or am I overthinking it?

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Part being reinstalled. Not sure why it didn't attach to first post...

·
Registered
691 Posts
I was just trying to figure this out myself. Mine (2001) has 3 clips at the top, a lower bracket (number 10 at LR Workshop), 3 bolt holes and another bracket I can't remember where it goes, near the front I think but it's not in the diagram.

Mine was just hanging on, I don't think I even had the top clips, it would be nice to have some pictures for sure.

Sean

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I found a few grade 8 bolts and backer plates at the local hardware store, and ordered 2 more clips. I guess it is going back on the same way it came off!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts