Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I had the idea of using a camper style window in the rear cargo area of my 110 so that I could maintain the ability to open them, but also have a bug screen and window shade built in. I am looking at the tern overland windows. Compared to say frontrunner gulping window they are much cheaper and have more function for what I am looking to do. I was wondering what your thoughts are on this and if anyone has tried it.

My plan was to find the solid side panels so I could cut a precise hole for the tern windows. Does anyone know where these can be sourced? Ive attached a picture for reference.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,538 Posts
Hello all, I had the idea of using a camper style window in the rear cargo area of my 110 so that I could maintain the ability to open them, but also have a bug screen and window shade built in. I am looking at the tern overland windows. Compared to say frontrunner gulping window they are much cheaper and have more function for what I am looking to do. I was wondering what your thoughts are on this and if anyone has tried it.

My plan was to find the solid side panels so I could cut a precise hole for the tern windows. Does anyone know where these can be sourced? Ive attached a picture for reference.
Keep a lookout on UK EBay, they come up for sale quite often.

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
I have installed the Seitz windows in my 110. I do have a tithounus top installed so the side are a little taller and allow for larger windows. I have one large window with my fridge mounted just inside on the passenger side (RHD) I believe the Turns (which look to be seitz clones) are able to be bought in the USA and also have a Canadian distributor as well.

https://www.ternoverland.com/arctic-tern-window

Blair

·
Premium Member
15,140 Posts
The most likely place to find them is on a series “88 as many of those, especially in the UK, came with van sides (which is what people often call them). They are the same length as the 110 SW sides. You will have to trim the seal flange for the Defender style seals but they bolt right on.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have installed the Seitz windows in my 110. I do have a tithounus top installed so the side are a little taller and allow for larger windows. I have one large window with my fridge mounted just inside on the passenger side (RHD) I believe the Turns (which look to be seitz clones) are able to be bought in the USA and also have a Canadian distributor as well.

https://www.ternoverland.com/arctic-tern-window

Blair
Do you have pics you can share?

------ Follow up post added August 22nd, 2019 06:37 AM ------

Keep a lookout on UK EBay, they come up for sale quite often.
Just looked on there. There's a pair for 500 euros, seems a bit steep though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts