Defender Source Forum banner
61 - 80 of 82 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
It's been a busy and productive fall/winter so far. Addition of insulation, and a wood stove have been a big help to making the shop workable through the colder winter months. Not to mention adding some LED highbay lights, and additional electrical to run equipment. Still working on planning the space and how it's all going to work. (if it's ever finished...)

Currently I'm working on another run of panels ,message me if you have any questions or would like to join in on this run.

·
Premium Member
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
Just completed a black Alcantara panel with LED's. This one will be shipping out early next week to a lucky client.

The Alcantara is a little more expensive than the standard grey or Genuine Ripple Grey headliner material ($70 additional for material and upholstering) With no stretch in the fabric compared to the others, it's a little trickier to install without seams or wrinkles, but has a amazing look.

·
Premium Member
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
Wish you could build something for 130 double cab but maybe not as needed since smaller cab
Smaller cab perhaps, but if memory serves correct there are no specific spots to place speakers in the rear. of a double cab. If that is the case, we need to come up with a solution. Do you currently have anything in the rear fro sound?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Smaller cab perhaps, but if memory serves correct there are no specific spots to place speakers in the rear. of a double cab. If that is the case, we need to come up with a solution. Do you currently have anything in the rear fro sound?
Truck is being shipped from Florida to CA next week to I unfortunately do not have interior pics. Just bought it. I do see pics where speakers are mounted in the void behind the rear seat and ECD has some photos of speakers up high above the window. Kinda similar to what was done in pics above.

·
Premium Member
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
Truck is being shipped from Florida to CA next week to I unfortunately do not have interior pics. Just bought it. I do see pics where speakers are mounted in the void behind the rear seat and ECD has some photos of speakers up high above the window. Kinda similar to what was done in pics above.
Lets see what things look like once the truck arrives to you. Feel free to forward any reference photos to my PM. I do have access to a couple 130's as reference for specifics on measurements. Always looking to develop new products.

·
Premium Member
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
Last run is all done and gone.. Next group run has already started coming together, looking for a few more people to join.

If you are tired of tinny sound form small speakers in a really bad location... jump onboard! Game changer.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Lets see what things look like once the truck arrives to you. Feel free to forward any reference photos to my PM. I do have access to a couple 130's as reference for specifics on measurements. Always looking to develop new products.
It’s at shop getting CARB approved for next couple months. Definitely will work with you when I can.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I dont need a panel, just wanted to say (good job) looks really nice. (y)

Reactions: CDN38

·
Premium Member
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
Latest group of panels is complete. I have been working the last couple days on packaging everything up, all should ship this week. From here, each goes into a custom sized box for safe shipping. Purchasers will receive an email with a tracking number on the day their panel ships.

I have had enquiries for the next group run which is now open for orders.

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
For what I assume is a side gig/hobby, everything about this was Pro. The quality, the delivery, the communications, the follow up, the shipping, the packaging, the installation guide...Thanks for a great product that solved a problem @CDN38 . Now...if you could come up with some pods for the front, put me in line... :)

·
Premium Member
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 ·
For what I assume is a side gig/hobby, everything about this was Pro. The quality, the delivery, the communications, the follow up, the shipping, the packaging, the installation guide...Thanks for a great product that solved a problem @CDN38 . Now...if you could come up with some pods for the front, put me in line... :)
Thanks you for the kind words seabrook. This started out as me just wanting to come up with a better solution for my Defender. One thing let to another, and I made a few for a couple local owners that had seen and heard what I had been developing. Next big hurdle was trying to figure out how package and ship ensuring that everything would arrive in perfect condition every time, and develop a comprehensive step by step install package, so more things to figure out. My background gave me some logistics and packaging help, and things kept moving. I've worked 30 years in commercial printing sales and production, so I'm a bit OCD, and was the perfect hobby to start to focus on as my industry started to slowdown. The hobby then turned into a bit of a side gig, which I'm hoping to turn into more of a full time gig.

Moving to Vancouver Island away from the city last year was a big change. With my wife and I now run a successful Airbnb, and having the larger shop with more room for production and packaging, I can focus more on this business and try to spool things up a bit.

For me it's very important that every client has the same feelings of the "pro quality, delivery, communication, follow up, shipping and packaging"

A few additional products specifically for Defenders, staying in the realm of solving the speaker placement are in the works, and hopefully a small website as well. I appreciate the support that I have received from this community!

·
Registered
1985 Defender 110
194 Posts
I'm interested in a black Alcantara version, as I'm using a Masai 4x4 black Alcantara headliner and window trim. Could you please let me know how much and when they might be available? Thank you very much!!

61 - 80 of 82 Posts