Defender Source Forum banner
21 - 40 of 62 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Shouldn't be a problem Jeff.

Only caveat being that we need to ensure the material can be stretched enough to work with some of the complex curves. My upholstery guy is beyond amazing, I'm sure that if it's possible, he's the guy to make it happen. He upholstered the 2018 Pebble Beach Concourse d'Elegance show winner 1937 Alfa Romeo 8C2900B Touring Berlinetta. (Working on a $2,000,000 car would give me the willys!)

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a...ble-beach-concours-delegance-best-of-show-is/

I'll PM you with details.

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
This panel is awesome. I got one from Scott about three years ago and love it. It is easy to install and holds up well. Mine still looks new. It sounds good too. I like having the speakers up high in the back and can hear the music up front. It sounded great listening to Van Halen's Panama yesterday while I was driving my 110 around.

·
Premium Member
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Thanks for the kudos Scott! Happy to hear you are enjoying your panel. It's amazing how much difference speaker positioning can make. (being able to fit a larger driver also is a big help!)

Hearing is believing! :brows

·
Premium Member
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Latest group run is completed and I am just finishing with the last of the packaging. Last of the order will be shipped by mid week, and emails will follow up to purchasers with your tracking number.

I will be looking at the next run for January. Please PM time if you are interested in placing an order or have any questions about the panel.

·
Premium Member
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
There was one member of the last group buy that backed out after the panels were completed so I have 1 speaker panel available for sale. The system fits a 6 1/2" speaker, installation is easy, the results, and quality are excellent.

If you are looking to improve the sound in your truck, this is the upgrade you need.

Group pricing applies as I made this with the last group run. $525 including shipping con US.

·
Premium Member
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Another group buy is coming together, looking for a couple more people for the group. Post or PM with interest. Looking to have these completed and shipped by the end of March.

·
Premium Member
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Main panel and bezels are made from an 11 layer birch plywood. Very stable, moisture resistant and more dense than other types of plywood. The upholstery is an automotive leather that is a very close match to the interior grey color, I have had several orders the have been upholstered in black as well.

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
@volleymdut Here is an in-progress picture of one of Scott's speaker panels that I'm installing it in my ROW D90. It's very solid, well made and easy to install. It was less than an hour to get it put in.

I don't have the fancy trim under the alpine windows, but it looks great.

Full write up and final pictures on my stereo install in a week or two, but I'd strongly recommend this panel as a good place to put speakers.

·
Premium Member
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
I will be starting fabrication on the panels this coming week. I have sent out PM's to those that have enquired with an update. If you are interested on getting in on this run, post or PM me.

I have another shipment of headliner material just arrive, so if you are interested in both headliner AND a speaker panel, Covid sale.... 10% off your total purchase.

·
Premium Member
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
All the panels that were in production have shipped. I have had more enquiries, so another group run is in the works. Also, I'm now able to offer the panel upholstered in the Genuine Ripple grey upholstery.

PM or post with if you are interested.

21 - 40 of 62 Posts