Defender Source Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning a day trip this weekend and conveniently enough my upper rear shock bushings have failed on me. Looking to pick something up at the local auto parts store that will work. I have OME shocks which I believe would just utilize the same bushings as factory. Has anyone used non-OEM rubber bushings and have a part # or cross reference?

Cheers,

·
Premium Member
8,029 Posts
Good luck finding local. I had the same failure and wasn't able to find anything locally so I went with RN's. Their site in the clearance section says they have yellow butterfly ones for $2/each. I have a theory that the bushes go quickly when the shocks are dead and bottoming out. Don't know if that's legit, just a hunch.

·
Premium Member
95 D90 NAS
1,688 Posts
Not sure how temporary you want this fix to be, but I wrapped tire tube rubber to "make" a bushing. Has held pretty long (I think I was reminded last week I need to take care of it by 1of40.... after 2-3 years....).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.