Defender Source Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm buying a Serirs III. No sound system. What is best radio to buy that will get good FM reception?

·
Premium Member
1,128 Posts
Check your local laws about driving with headphones on. I am not telling you what to do - just know the risks.

I may know someone who drove a S3 from Va to Maine for Winter Romp and may or may not have had both either squishy yellow foam ear plugs or similar style head phones for radio listening.

The install for headphones and Pandora on the cell phone is a lot simpler than tearing into the Series to install and radio.

Reactions: Rocky

·
Premium Member
240 Posts
For real tho, my 80s boombox has RCA ins that I pigtailed a bluetooth receiver to. Connect my phone and away I go. Also good for the radio or odd Steely Dan cassette :p I'm more familiar with foam earplugs, however.

·
Premium Member
620 Posts
I have a head unit and speakers that I’m getting installed next week. Head unit will go into my Tuffy and Speakers will go into my door cards. Anything special I should mention to the car audio place? They have never seen a Defender, but I printed out a British wiring color guide and the Tithonus electrical diagram. It is obviously a ex-MOD and has never had a radio.

Should he be able to get what he needs without pulling the dash? I figured he could use the wires from the harness behind the fuse box, but I am a Defender electrics novice to say the least. Just want to make sure he doesn’t screw anything up or do anything crazy.

·
Premium Member
11,304 Posts
No soap, radio!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Internet

Since I'm never without my phone, I always listen to Pandora or if needed iheartradio if I want to listen to anything. I'd bet your local radio stations are streamed on the internet. So this idea of needing an FM radio, for me, was a little outdated.

You just need a bluetooth speaker. Like someone said above, driving with headphones is illegal in many states (it's illegal in PA, which you have listed). Using earbuds while driving? Legal, but only in one ear in Pennsylvania | lehighvalleylive.com

Invest in a nice bluetooth speaker.

·
Premium Member
620 Posts
Well since I have all the stuff and giant holes in my door cards, this makes sense for me. Plus I don't have to worry about charging headphones and/or the Bluetooth speaker.

·
Premium Member
620 Posts
Sorry, just realized this was a series radio thread that I took over. Apologies...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts