Defender Source Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a transmission cooler adapter plate that goes on the side of the the 380 transmission? If so are you willing to part with one? Please PM me and we can hook something up!

·
Premium Member
4,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Saw those, and several other aftermarket ones but I’d prefer genuine…

·
Premium Member
4,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Done! I’ll sweeten the deal though— I’ll pm you

·
Premium Member
4,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Pioneer 4x4 in UK started making a low profile one fyi
Just for posterity and to close the loop, the reason I wanted the genuine is that it has the thermostatic valve built into it that Pioneer (or Ashcroft) both exclude---so running in cold climates (such as Colorado) you would have the tranny running cooler than you may need. That was a biggie for me.

Terry and I cut a deal that we were both really happy with and we sent each other care packages. It is so nice when we can do stuff like that and every one comes away glad. I am hoping to visit him at some point as he is in a small cool town too :).

Got it all disassembled and cleaned up. Checked the operation of the valve that opens at approximately 160-165°F according to my readings.

Thanks again, Terry!

·
Registered
663 Posts
Is this a factory option on the D1 V8's? I never looked hard enough. I think this would be a good option on my 300Tdi 110 so I would feel more comfortable running cooler transmission temps while pulling a small pop up. Also long drives here in Houston in the summer seem to hit the transmission hard.

·
Premium Member
3,518 Posts
Is this a factory option on the D1 V8's? I never looked hard enough. I think this would be a good option on my 300Tdi 110 so I would feel more comfortable running cooler transmission temps while pulling a small pop up. Also long drives here in Houston in the summer seem to hit the transmission hard.

·
Super Moderator
13,702 Posts
AFAIK, all RRC and all D1 V8 manuals including LT77 and R380 had coolers.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts