Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all,

New to the forum but hoping someone has some experience with this. I have a D90 that I'm trying to make more fun / capable with various upgrades.

One thing that I have not been able to find on the forum / web is a quick release door hinge? I like wheeling with the doors off but don't want the trouble of unscrewing and aligning the doors back on when I pull them off. Any options out there that anyone knows of?

Thanks for any input!!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome, some good threads here! May look into getting some extra hinges and seeing what I can get away with by drilling out my own pins.

Really like the tube door design! Anyone recently fabed any of these or know any current resellers?

·
Premium Member
1,044 Posts
Don't drill the pins, drive them out with a punch (from the bottom up)

-Jeff
This. A million times, this.

Side note, I have a "set" of mangled hinges (white) in various states based on this. I think 1 set is actually apart, and 1 is untouched. The other 2, "appropriate for age". Anyone's for the ride and good karma.

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
Side note, I have a "set" of mangled hinges (white) in various states based on this. I think 1 set is actually apart, and 1 is untouched. The other 2, "appropriate for age". Anyone's for the ride and good karma.

PM'd you, was looking for a set to play around with

1 - 5 of 5 Posts