Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry folks - I have been looking for this part for ages and haven't found much info - other than in an old thread with Landy Andy's build.

I am looking for the part number for the bulkhead grommet on the Puma Defenders. Attached are some photos showing the part.

Any of you Puma gurus have any info? :)

Thanks in advance

Attachments

·
Registered
5,808 Posts
Stumped.. my guess would be that it comes with the harness, vs. the early style that is sold separately. I looked everywhere, but I could be missing it.

·
Registered
5,808 Posts
I have been looking for the same part, it appears to be included with the wiring loom and not sold seperately.

AMR3098 is definately not the right part no.
Was only saying that it's the earlier version, not the correct one for the puma trucks.

·
Premium Member
5,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
amazing resources...thanks!

unfortunately, while now I know that I can get an LR baby seat by ordering part #LR006637, I still can't find the bulkhead grommet in the microcats :)

I wonder if this part is some kind of strange interchange, or available from some other manufacturer as a stock part.

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
amazing resources...thanks!

unfortunately, while now I know that I can get an LR baby seat by ordering part #LR006637, I still can't find the bulkhead grommet in the microcats :)

I wonder if this part is some kind of strange interchange, or available from some other manufacturer as a stock part.
Dude, did you NOT see the flare holder or the Australian “widow defectors”?
Dig thru all the elec books. There is a metric crap-ton of info.

Anybody with a Puma dash willing to eyball the grommet? I would look at mine, but it is 8 states away.

This came in mail today:

F8EF9A90-3A5A-478D-A8B7-5170512EE131.jpg

My 2.2 ECU!

·
Premium Member
1,568 Posts
I found mine on EBay a couple or three years ago, never seen them since.

My guess is who ever made the later looms (Lucus?) had them specially moulded to fit the bulkhead holes, the guy selling them on EBay just might have worked at the mouldings company and 'acquired' a few out the back door.... ??

·
Premium Member
949 Posts
Was only saying that it's the earlier version, not the correct one for the puma trucks.
Fine, no trying to be a p.i.t.a. ....

Early version is AMR3098 , up to Tdi ( see 1st pic below)

TD5 and PUMA is the later ( much thicker and rubber) verion , no know part no. (see 2nd pic)

I bought 20 of these off EBAY, but cannot find them, none of the wiring loom companies carry this in stock.

If anybody know where to find , I would like to buy some more as my stock is running low.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks, Rivermike!

I'd pay up to the cost of AMR3098. Not worth that much money. If anyone started selling these for double the price, I'd just as soon forget about it.

I probably should get around to start molding gaskets myself.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did anyone ever find a source for that rubber grommet?
I know I'm coing in to this a little late but I have +/- 48 of th
IMG_20200517_084800[1].jpg
ese sitting in the garage (don't ask!!), is there still an interest?, is it worth slapping them on Ebay or elsewhere?
If so what would be the best description seeing as how noone has come up with a part number..
I'm in the UK btw.
Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi James, what is the price for a bulkhead grommet and how many do you want to sell. Also are you willing to ship them to the Netherlands? Thanks,

Maarten

1 - 20 of 23 Posts