Defender Source Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1995 300Tdi Defender 130
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks - I've acquired a set of rear puma seats for a defender 130 to upgrade the 60/40 bench. Does anyone have the associated chassis cross members and strike plates? Cheers

Rear Crossmember: KVB500230
2x Rear Support Plates: AQR710290
L/R Strike Plates: HTM500140 / HTM500150

Attachments

·
Mendicant
8,512 Posts
You don’t need the crossmember plates in the first two pix, those are 110 only. I ordered a set of the rear plates a few years ago from a major vendor (Rimmer Brother I think?) - they were £££. However, if you don’t have the rear seats from a 130, then the seats wont latch in place even if you do have the plates because the mounting feet are different. You’re going to want 4x HTM500200 (feet) and a pair of HXX500160 for the rubber bumpers on the seat to rest on. I cannot find the part numbers for any strengthening or stud plates for mounting the seats to the seat box, but I’m going to create something for that. I had them installed for a couple years just bolted die with some thick washers but that was only semi-satisfactory.

·
Registered
1995 300Tdi Defender 130
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You don’t need the crossmember plates in the first two pix, those are 110 only. I ordered a set of the rear plates a few years ago from a major vendor (Rimmer Brother I think?) - they were £££. However, if you don’t have the rear seats from a 130, then the seats wont latch in place even if you do have the plates because the mounting feet are different. You’re going to want 4x HTM500200 (feet) and a pair of HXX500160 for the rubber bumpers on the seat to rest on. I cannot find the part numbers for any strengthening or stud plates for mounting the seats to the seat box, but I’m going to create something for that. I had them installed for a couple years just bolted die with some thick washers but that was only semi-satisfactory.
Based on the folks I've talked to before I left Australia, unless you install the cross member and the 2x AQR710290 support plates the seats are only mounted to the aluminum box (not very structurally sound). LRworkshop shows that the support plates (item 1 & 2) are needed for the chassis. Second Row Seat Mounting - 110\130 SW and Crew Cab - Find Land Rover parts at LR Workshop
You can see that that 3rd image from above has a small arch in the bottom that straddles an aluminum channel (picture #4 shows the strike plate installed). This makes the 130 parts different than the 110.

You are correct about the 2x HXX500160 bumper parts, but I have sourced those already (picture 5).

Attachments

·
Mendicant
8,512 Posts
The problem with attempting to install AQR710290 in a 130 is that there is no crossmember under the seatbox to bolt them to. If you install them they'll be under your bed. As far the long crossmember circled in the first pic - that might be in a puma 130 but it would be in addition to the crossmembers that are already there and the older chassis has no mounting provision for it.

i agree that the seats ought to be mounted to something more substantial, but I‘d point out that the puma solution bolts the seat backs to the cab rear land loses the under seat storage. I think I’d rather just figure out another solution than do that.

·
Registered
1995 300Tdi Defender 130
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The problem with attempting to install AQR710290 in a 130 is that there is no crossmember under the seatbox to bolt them to. If you install them they'll be under your bed. As far the long crossmember circled in the first pic - that might be in a puma 130 but it would be in addition to the crossmembers that are already there and the older chassis has no mounting provision for it.

i agree that the seats ought to be mounted to something more substantial, but I‘d point out that the puma solution bolts the seat backs to the cab rear land loses the under seat storage. I think I’d rather just figure out another solution than do that.
I definitely concede to thinking that AQR710290 would fit on a 130 chassis. I snagged a couple of pictures of the existing seatbelt anchors under the rear of the cab. A few pieces of angle iron that match the bolt pattern on HTM500140/HTM500150 could be a solution, but not as secure as the parts for a 110. Cheers for the insight Jim.

Attachments

·
Mendicant
8,512 Posts
I’ve never looked under a puma 130, but I’m wondering if that wide crossmember is actually in there for mounting the rear seats. That would provide another need to close up the seat box. If there are mounting feet coming up through holes in the floor, that seat box storage area might not be so great.

·
Premium Member
1,547 Posts
You need the bracket from the third picture and its brother for the other side.

130 Puma has a special bolt-on cross member where these two brackets bold to. That is all. It is the equivalent of the KVB500230BP which is for a Puma 110, can't find the Puma 130 version anymore.
On the front the seat will bold to the aluminum box, also the original Puma does. There is no connection to the frame.

All the other pictures and part numbers are 110 and will not fit or even closely fit your 130.

·
Registered
1995 300Tdi Defender 130
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You need the bracket from the third picture and its brother for the other side.
130 Puma has a special bolt-on cross member where these two brackets bold to. That is all. It is the equivalent of the KVB500230BP which is for a Puma 110, can't find the Puma 130 version anymore.
On the front the seat will bold to the aluminum box, also the original Puma does. There is no connection to the frame.
All the other pictures and part numbers are 110 and will not fit or even closely fit your 130.
Cheers mate - I agree that the L/R Strike Plates (HTM500140 / HTM500150) are needed for the rear of the seats. Let me know if you or anyone else has luck chasing down the 130 version of that crossmember.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts