Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Or auxiliary belt tensionier pulley.

Had one of these in my parts bin during my rebuild....cannot find it and of course I need it now! Everyone seems pretty proud of new ones so looking for a used one.

Attachments

·
Registered
212 Posts
There are two versions, only difference is the clamp bolts are on opposite sides. They were also used on RRC up through 1994, 3.5, 3.9 and 4.2. One on the water pump belt and one on the A/C compressor. The one in the above pic is the one for the A/C. You can swap them, but getting to the clamp bolts can be pretty tight, especially if you use the A/C tensioner on the water pump, the bolt winds up right up against the crank pulley.

I have some, but am just about to head out of town till next week and won't have time to dig them out till I get home. If you still haven't found one by then, let me know.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There are two versions, only difference is the clamp bolts are on opposite sides. They were also used on RRC up through 1994, 3.5, 3.9 and 4.2. One on the water pump belt and one on the A/C compressor. The one in the above pic is the one for the A/C. You can swap them, but getting to the clamp bolts can be pretty tight, especially if you use the A/C tensioner on the water pump, the bolt winds up right up against the crank pulley.

I have some, but am just about to head out of town till next week and won't have time to dig them out till I get home. If you still haven't found one by then, let me know.
Many thanks Dan! I will keep in touch with you about this. For clarity, this is for my water pump tensioner on my 3.5. Safe travels!

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Hey Dan, circling back to see if you are back in town. Still need one of these if you have one. Ordered one from the UK and all i received was an empty padded envelope. Apparently thats all they did to "pack" it. And now it is laying on the floor of some DHL warehouse!

Let me know. Thanks! Derek

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Also used on early 200Tdi power steering bracket. It attaches to the bracket on front of pump, and that particular design does not have the adjustable bracket to tension belt, so this tensioner is the only method to do so.

Not offering up mine :), just giving you another avenue to explore.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Sorry, was away from home again for three weeks and didn't see your last post on this. Just going through some old emails and trying to get caught up. I presume you've gotten one by now?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts