Defender Source Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed tonight that when I depress the brake pedal my parking lights and my brake lights turn on. Intermittently it seems like the brake lights will start working as they should - only when the pedal is depressed. I verified that the ground on the battery is good, clean and tight.

The issue presented itself when I installed leds around the truck. I thought they might be the culprit so I changed back to incandescent bulbs and the issue above still persists.

What am I missing? Is it the brake pedal switch?

·
Super Moderator
14,333 Posts
Most likely a bad ground at one of the lights. It feeds power back through the ground via the parking lights as they share a ground connection. Check the grounds at the rear lights first and make sure they are well connected to the body.

·
Premium Member
6,363 Posts
Yup. That's what it does. Always thought it was strange to light up just the once so I thought something was a miss. When towing, it would blink as you described, so figured it was fine and maybe just a bit glitchy.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.