Defender Source Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Interested in your recommendations. Looking for something with excellent and fresh sea food (lobsters, etc etc) and nice things to do while in Portland or Freeport. Will be there in August. Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
I recommend the below;

Seafood
Eventide Oyster Company
The Lobster Shack

Bar
Novare Res

Duckfat is also a good restaurant

·
Premium Member
786 Posts
It is probably the best foodie destination on the east coast. Literally dozens of top tier chef owned restaurants. Don't limit yourself to the seafood places (although I'd recommend Boone's for a good experience) - check out spots like Central Provisions, Vignola, Fore Street. Flatbread Company is also a great casual afternoon spot for pizza and beer right on the harbor. Bramhall is a really great unique late night spot.

Be adventurous - walk around and go into anyplace that looks good. It probably is.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
x2 on Even Tide best oyster selection around.
Gilbert's Chowder House.... down & dirty fried seafood
Blue Spoon is our go to restaurant
Mash Tun has great local beers.
Piccolo and Union are both really good.

Not much in Freeport. Wolf's Neck State park makes for a nice & easy day hike and then hit Gritty's for beer & food. I recommend the nachos.

------ Follow up post added February 3rd, 2017 02:25 PM ------

Oh.... the circus school puts on some fun events. Circus Maine | a training & performance company

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
x3 on Even Tide, small and cool
Duckfat is good
Street & Co. for a little more upscale
Sisters Gourmet for awesome sandwiches
Grace for a cool place to drink beer

·
Premium Member
10,689 Posts
Most of my time in Me is spent in Brunswick due to the College. Amazing how that town has grown with all the restaurants in the thirty years I've been going up there.

·
Registered
331 Posts
It's been said, but Eventide was great. I've read they're opening a location in Boston.

Fore St is one of our regular stops when we're in town.

Flat Bead Co has a few locations around New England and is a good choice for a pie and a pint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts